need help with Ebay.. Yes ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Howdy,

Right, this is my first ever hmm, complication with ebay etc,

Basically, i bought a Razer Deathadder on ebay for 17 pounds from china, thought id struck gold, i should have known better, i mean honestly, 17 quid for a deathadder come on, but i thought you know, its not a buy it now price, thought it must have just been a genuine auction and it didn't run up high so thought id struck lucky, well turns out this dude is selling a load of fake deathadders, (i checked all feedback just now, only one feedback is nuteral saying im not sure this product is real drivers don't work with it and the serial code he said is exactly same as my mouse, the rest of feed back are all positive, To look at this mouse though and box etc i could not tell any difference from a real one, but seriously just look closely and its so easy to tell the difference), iv done a lot of testing on it the day i got it, it performs lower than my 2004 razer diamondback 1600dpi mouse, the sensor is pretty poor, cant even stay in the same spot on screen when im not even moving the mouse, and it is advertised at 3500 dpi etc but apart from that, it does alright for a fake.. you cant download drivers for it no nothing. i emailed razer and told then and sent them the link to the guy whos selling them on ebay to stop him selling them as i am a razer fan, and you know, ill do anything i can to stop fake computer components being sold around, and razer emailed back saying thank you for letting me know who it was who is selling them and they are aware of the fake razer products going around etc. But yeah anyway, i opened up the mouse, and believe it or not, the wire was held to the PCB with insulation tape.... INSULATION TAPE!!!... Neat job of insulation taping, literally it looked brand new, not a single mark on it or the packaging or the pcb or anything, but tape.. really! even a fake mouse, jesus, fire hazard.

So, iv just gone on ebay and requested a refund using the contact seller thing, then gone to something like item i received not as advertised then gone to counterfit/fake, or something and just basically said you know, seriously its come in a pretty authentic looking box, looks the same, but to anyone who knows, the plastic that its made out of is worth more in scrap weight than the internals of this mouse therefor i request a refund, but im willing to send the mouse back though the postage is more valuable than this mouse.

But now iv just realised, that message goes to the seller? i thought it went to ebay or something or someone who maybe sorts this out.. so no doubt im going to get bad feedback now, (im 100% positive feedback atm). never ran into a problem like this..

Argh :p i mean at the end of the day, for a fake mouse, iv got a few razers spare, i could probably just put the internals from one of my old spare death adders inside it, modify it a bit etc so that it works and performs half decent, if not then its absolutely fine as a spare etc, i mean im not going to argue over 17 quid at the end of the day.

I just thought then when i was on ebay having a browse, i had a bright idea (after a few beers) i know lets earn 17 quid back with a few clicks of a button, but i guess iv just opened a load of **** for my self now?

Last edited:
Soldato
You have paid for a fake, you contact them and get your refund when they eventually refund either by seller or from ebay/paypal.

You cant get neg feedback from buying something, only selling.

No loss.

Soldato
OP
In my defence, I have been buying quite a few items on my mobile phone, didn't actually check where it came from, like I said I aren't really bothered, its only 17 pounds, im not aiming to kick up a fuss here, I just was worried about getting negative feedback off the guy for complaining :p

But yeah, like I said, at the end of the day, im a razer fan, I thought when I was tired on my phone, someone was selling a legit razer mouse that had no bids on thought I got lucky, then when it came, and it wasn't as it seemed, checked ebay, and saw it came from china, was like argh.. etleast iv got a project now, going to use my old death adder mouse internals inside it if I can modify it to fit.

But yeah, was just worried about the bad feedback etc, and like I said I had a stupid brainwave, thought I know lets send a complaint on a fake item thing to ebay, that's when I worried about bad feedback. haha.

Soldato
OP
Alright thanks, well as long as my feedbacks intact like I said, ill stop worrying :)

If they request it back before refund, then I guess im screwed cause iv thrown out the box etc, but im not arsed anyway like I said.

But etleast next time I will take note where it comes from. but yeah I only buy pc hardware from ocuk, but I happened to stumble across what I thought was a legit mouse which had no bids on it. and now I know why :p

Lesson learnt.

Commissario
But yeah like basically sellers can't leave negative feedback so you're down seventeen quid for a fake but that's not the point, yeah? But yeah you won't get neg feedback so you'll still be on 100% so it's all like good.

Soldato
But yeah like basically sellers can't leave negative feedback so you're down seventeen quid for a fake but that's not the point, yeah? But yeah you won't get neg feedback so you'll still be on 100% so it's all like good.

But, you know, at seventeen quid, you know, gold, lucky, strike, innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom