Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Totally go for the ST2 as a minimum in my opinion. It is worth the extra.

I went for the ST3 with parking sensors. I came from a Fiesta Metal so wanted everything that had on an ST.

Love every second of it except the rattle/buzzing door cards which the Fiesta before it suffered with also...going to take them off when i get a chance and sort it out.

Soldato
How is everyone finding their Ecoboost ST's?

I am considering having a near new one say 6 months old with a few thousand miles if I can wangle having good warranty applied. If I can get one with 3 years solid warranty from date of purchase that would do me. Should be do-able on a nicely kitted ST2 or even an ST3 for around £15,500.

Are you guys finding any reliability issues or common faults creeping up now?

Anyone with the MP215 kit is it well worth it over the standard set up? What would you say the main differences/increases are in how it drives/responds? Also, no issues from the MP215 kit in terms of it affecting peoples cars reliability?

Thanks dudes :)

Soldato
At the moment I've got an Astra 2.0 Turbo. Problem with this one at the mo is I've just had my cambelt and waterpump done.. looks like it needs doing again! Long story lol.

I'm thinking something with warranty would be lovely. I work 7:30am to 6pm so car problems do not quite fit too well with those hours. Be nice to have something which would have a few years of "drop it off to the dealer and take a courtesy car" away about it for minimal hassle. The BMW you may have seen me post about would just be another "older car" without warranty ultimately, but they're very nice :)

Last edited:
Soldato
How is everyone finding their Ecoboost ST's?

I am considering having a near new one say 6 months old with a few thousand miles if I can wangle having good warranty applied. If I can get one with 3 years solid warranty from date of purchase that would do me. Should be do-able on a nicely kitted ST2 or even an ST3 for around £15,500.

Are you guys finding any reliability issues or common faults creeping up now?

Anyone with the MP215 kit is it well worth it over the standard set up? What would you say the main differences/increases are in how it drives/responds? Also, no issues from the MP215 kit in terms of it affecting peoples cars reliability?

Thanks dudes :)

I have the ST3 and i love every second I'm in it. It's just a fun car.

Not had any problems with mine over the 8000 miles i've had it. Only common problem is the door cards rattling in the rear but it seems like all Mark 7 Fiestas suffer from this problem. I'm going to take the cards out and reseat and see if that fixes it however.

I also have the MP215 kit and i don't really feel much difference with it but it's nice to have and hopefully will give discount for the Stage 2 Mountune package. I think it pulls better in the higher gears with the MP215 though. I have also recently bought the induction pipe which gives a little more turbo noise and have the springs sitting in the boot, unsure whether I'll fit due to the hassle.

Soldato
Cheers for the Feedback :) Read a few reviews saying the MP215 kit isn't a lot different performance wise now but a bit more shove in 3rd and above.

I'd look at the other maps out there but if I was to go near new then warranty would be essential. Seen a few acceleration vids of the Revo maps, quite pokey and I assume they are at max power all the time not just for 15 second boosts :)

Caporegime

:)

You do realise you can get a brand new ST3 for a shade over £15,500 from drivethedeal? It is what i am considering doing myself.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What are you guys getting fuel economy wise on one of these? Would be interested to know what is attainable on a run of mostly 50-70mph duel carriageways.

Thinking of getting it delivered for March now though as it will be a 15 plate and hopefully the worst of the wintery weather will be behind us. Not sure when i should order it though. How long were you guys waiting between ordering and delivery?

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought everybody was raving about the MR215 kit??

there's loads more shove in 3rd gear, the only issue is you need to be breaking the speed limit to feel it. Makes MR200 feel very slow, 5500-7000rpm shove MR200 has vs MP215, you have loads more shove and its like 2000rpm to 6000rpm. Anyone that says MP215 isn't that great must expect miracles from a little 1.6T.

RE fuel economy, it totally depends on the person. I can get a average around 42-48 on a trip, hell even one of the fill ups ive done was almost 50mpg. But, give it beans and you will almost certainly have the same MPG as the older 2litre motor, around 28mpg.

ST mk6 vs ST mk7
Driving hard 24 vs 28.
Driving normal 28 vs 34.
Hypermiling 36 vs 48.

Real world mr Average driver expect 32-35. Winter kills these figures somewhat.

Soldato
I think the MP215 does help with higher gears but makes no difference to first and second. Sixth gear pulls like forth with MP215 which it didn't before. I personally want to stay within warranty and having the car extensively tested and put through Ford tests give me confidence. I just hope they release Stage 2 soon and maybe it being a MP package over a MR one...i hope this is the reason it's taking so long to get to market...

They did say on their Facebook that the exhausts were in production in December. Would be nice to have a nice burble.

My economy seems a lot less than others. The trip computer always reads 2 mpg higher than you're actually achieving. My driving is country roads though so a lot of corners and acceleration and deceleration. I can easily achieve over 40 mpg in it but that is no fun, the car just wants to be driven. :p

FIqSelI.png

Soldato
I think the MP215 does help with higher gears but makes no difference to first and second. Sixth gear pulls like forth with MP215 which it didn't before. I personally want to stay within warranty and having the car extensively tested and put through Ford tests give me confidence. I just hope they release Stage 2 soon and maybe it being a MP package over a MR one...i hope this is the reason it's taking so long to get to market...

They did say on their Facebook that the exhausts were in production in December. Would be nice to have a nice burble.

My economy seems a lot less than others. The trip computer always reads 2 mpg higher than you're actually achieving. My driving is country roads though so a lot of corners and acceleration and deceleration. I can easily achieve over 40 mpg in it but that is no fun, the car just wants to be driven. :p

FIqSelI.png

I've just downloaded an app like this in anticipation of getting my 2.5T Mondeo as I'd be interested to see trends and costs in comparison to my old car!

Caporegime
Hm, those mpg figures seems disappointing.

Isn't the combined rated figure 47.9mpg? In my current Octavia VRS (2.0TFSI) the combined figure is 36mpg and i average about 35mpg in the summer on my work commute so pretty much get the advertised figure.

Combined figure on my old 2007 Civic Type S 1.8 was 42 mpg and i could regularly attain that or beat it.

I have done the maths (well, man maths :p) and if i can get 45mpg on my work commute in one of these then over a 5 year period it will only cost me ~£3000 more than keeping my 2006 Octy VRS and that isn't taking into account any repairs that my Octy will no doubt need (already nearing 90k miles).

Have thought i should just get something cheaper and slower and pay off some more of the mortgage instead but i know i will miss not having something fast.

Did anyone extend the warranty on theirs to 5 years when buying? Read in the brochure you can do this (but only when you first buy it) for only about £240 (off the top of my head). Only really worth it if you intend to keep it that long of course (which i do).

Last edited:
Soldato
Some other remaps, Revo etc, seem faster due to the torque limits being removed or decreased in 1st and 2nd gear. This is fine in some cases, but can introduce wheelspin which is a waste of power. Pretty much all Stage 1 maps are around the same level.

The next kit will be MR as said. ETA is January when the exhaust is released.

As regards to get the MPG, I've got the MP215 kit along with the other Mountune bits (intercooler, boost hoses etc). I do around 24 miles a day, mostly 50/70mph dual carriageways and can get 40mpg without really paying much attention to it.

Caporegime
Does anyone know, whether if i ordered one through say drivethedeal.com, i could specify that it be delivered/registered in March (ie when 15 plates will start) or do you just get it delivered when its ready? Never bought or even looked into buying a new car before so not sure how it works.

Soldato
Stage2 will be MR unfortunately, because Ford wouldn't approve it with a sports cat.

Wasn't there rumours that the Cat back system will be warranty friendly though?

May just go with that! :p

Jono, those figures are probably going to have to be taken with a pinch of salt and are probably not reflective of the general public. I don't hoon everywhere but the roads I travel on are twisty and have a lot of elevation changes. 36MPG is easily attainable at the very least. I just enjoy the driving experience too much to worry about economy! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Cat back should be warranty friendly yeah, I'll go for that first then decide about the MR map/sports CAT later. Might see if my dealer will honor the warranty if I do decide to go down the MR route as I know some do.

Soldato
Cat back should be warranty friendly yeah, I'll go for that first then decide about the MR map/sports CAT later. Might see if my dealer will honor the warranty if I do decide to go down the MR route as I know some do.

Will the rumoured MR235 be just a full exhaust system and stage 2 remap?

Back
Top Bottom