What your new year resolution going be this year ?

Associate
If I had one, it would be to do at least 3 obstacle course events this year

Tough Mudders/Spartans/Dirty Dozens.

Did my first Tough Mudder in October and have been bitten by the bug. Second one booked in May.

Soldato
lose some of the weight I've gained in the two years I've been married and get back in to running. Two years ago I could comfortably run 13 miles, 2 days before Christmas I was struggling with 2. Fail.

Associate
This time last year I was the best I've ever been physically, doing tough mudder and hell runs without too much effort. Then came a masters dissertation. In one year I've plummeted, probably couldn't run a mile now if I tried.

Resolution: Quitting bad food and alcohol for January and hitting the gym and pool again 6 days a week. Actually can't wait!

Soldato
Was going to be 3440X1440, but i've just ruined the carpet among other things so that'll be on hold. :p

Continue working hard, seeing friends and generally be a better person. Nothing unrealistic so I can certainly do it. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Find a job. Between now and then, I'm thinking I'll buy an annual pass to the pool and get fit. The longer I'm unemployed the poorer, but fitter, I'll be. :D

Soldato
Get my ass back in shape. Lost a load of weight couple years back, its creeped back up a bit but not loads so want to get it back in check and in shape for my hols in April!

Soldato
Mine are nice and simple this year.

1. Stop smoking.
2. Stop drinking.
3. Stop gambling.

I'm not a big smoker, drinker or gambler. Smoking is only at work during stressful times, but I need to find a better coping mechanism.

I'm barely a social drinker, one big night out every 2 months but I also don't need alcohol to enjoy myself, as such I don't see the point in drinking anymore.

Not a compulsive gambler by any means, but I've lost enough this year that its gone from being a fun distraction to a pit in which I throw my money.

Soldato
Much more bodyboarding ,twice a week isn't enough and improve my technique
More cycling ,no excuse ,live yards from start of camel trail
Cut down on booze but not give it up I enjoy it
Try and get back into reading good books as opposed to putting a blue ray on

Associate
To hope to change something in my life on an arbitrary annual date, as that will make it easier than the other 364 days.

Back
Top Bottom