Motorola Moto G - new budget smartphone champion?

Man of Honour
Tesco are replacing mine, top left of the screen glass is coming away and when it does, the earpiece stops working.

The vibrate stopped working on mine a few months ago. Tesco were happy to replace but wanted me to send the phone to them for 7-10 days. I was awkward about it, not having a replacement phone to use, and eventually contacted Motorola.

Through the web chat, they eventually agreed to courier me a replacement for a direct swap-out. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was useful. Good service from Motorola after a bit of mild complaining!

Associate
Got the missus a moto 2nd gen to replace her s4 mini with a broken screen , what a great phone for the price , was not expecting such a good screen or smoothness.

Soldato
Given how horribly slow it is on my 2013 nexus 7 I think I'll be giving it a miss on my Motog, think I'm going to leave it well alone.

Soldato
I have bought the Moto G 2 for my parents for Xmas but they've not actually been given them yet, reading about problems with 5.0 updates when not done by way of wiping phones it makes me think they'd be better off in the box until the update is on :p

Soldato
Hmmm... I'll try another reset to see if that helps at all, but currently it is just so slow to swap between apps and draw the home screen it is awful.

Soldato
In general would you guys who have the Moto G 5" recommend it?

I currently have the Honor 6 and whilst it is fantastic my mum really needs a new phone and the camera is important so thinking of giving her my Honor 6 and purchasing a Moto G for myself.

Saves me some money and also lets me have "proper" android once again.

From what I have read it will suit me fine in terms of performance etc but just wanted some general thoughts!?

Soldato
The Honor 6 looks way better on paper. Why downgrade?

Agreed, I've bought the Honor 6 as a "backup phone" and for the price £250 and the specs it's pound for pound a very capable phone.

The only thing I'm dubious about is how quick Huawei will release updates for it as the European version of the phone is still waiting for an update of EMUI to 3.0

Back
Top Bottom