*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Playstation blog and their Twitter feed says all is well but I still can't log in! :mad:

I've tried everything, rebooting, rebooting router, tried wireless hotspot from my phone as thought maybe my ip range was blocked due to ddos but simply nothing works.. Its just a total lock out on ps4 nothing on it has worked since Xmas eve..

Hmmm try again later I guess..

Soldato
Getting odd errors!!!

PS4 wireless all the internet connections work but it won't connect to PSN.
PS4 wired connection to same router, fails to obtain an IP address.
PSN app on the iPhone tells me my definitely correct password is incorrect.
PS3, logs in no issues, netflix works a treat.

Confused doesn't cover it!!!!

PSN outage I can understand, but this rainbow of different problems is odd.

Associate
I just tried logging in with the MTU set to automatic and it wouldn't let me sign in. I changed the MTU to 1473 and it's let me log in now :) I tried this yesterday and it didn't work so there must be some improvement with the servers.

Soldato
same here using MTU 1473 logged in just fine.

A very knowledgeable chap over at Gaf says all psn authentication requests are currently going through Prolexic servers.

It's probably to do with them. Prolexic are known as the best and most expensive ddos mitigation providers in the business. It looks like Sony had prepared for an attack as best they could and it still got them no where.

Caporegime
Mine's still not signing in. Very annoying and some of my games are locked, but as the server is down I can't Restore my Licenses. I'm not convinced Sony have fixed anything, tbh.

I suspect the DDOS on Live and PSN did stop yesterday. XBL was just quicker to recover and is better prepared for the million ish people who then fired up their new systems. PSN was coping fine with the current users (despite some terrible problems a couple of months back). I suspect they just don't have enough capacity for the existing and new users to log on to the PS4 network. People who are logged on are just lucky as the USA is asleep :) The same would have happened without the DDOS in my opinion.

Anyway, hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow. Being a long term member of PSN, I won't be surprised if we don't see any announcements/updates/fixes at the weekend, as has been proven in the past.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom