*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
I've been playing since yesterday with the MTU 1470. Today I put it back to the default of 1500 and it still doesn't work, so I've gone back to 1470 and it works fine...I don't understand.

Associate
Okay. Have just jumped on this thread to post the question; 'why does the PS3 login to PSN fine and the PS4 not (with not error messages I might add)'. Just saw about the MTU size change and tried it (1500 down to 1470) and PS4 now logs in. Officially WTF?

How the hell is the average Joe on the street going to know about this?

Stuff like the recent attack will only get more numerous as we go on (as we are already seeing). Microsoft and Sony need to sort out their services asap otherwise online will cease to exist on consoles and people will just get on PC's for that fix like back in the day.

Soldato
Okay. Have just jumped on this thread to post the question; 'why does the PS3 login to PSN fine and the PS4 not (with not error messages I might add)'. Just saw about the MTU size change and tried it (1500 down to 1470) and PS4 now logs in. Officially WTF?

How the hell is the average Joe on the street going to know about this?

I don't even know what mtu is.. But maybe the average joe not knowing about it is exactly why it works? The vast majority still trying to log in on 1500 and clogging it up and we are sneaking in on a different setting?

*Toddles off to see what mtu is lol*

Soldato
still having trouble setting my boys ps4 up,

created a psn account fine just won't let me log in, and this has been since xmas day :(

Associate

created a psn account fine just won't let me log in, and this has been since xmas day :(

Have you tried the MTU workaround/fix thing?

That got me on quite reliably...I had no problems at all yesterday so might be worth a shot.

Associate

Have you changed the MTU settings? Go to Settings > Network > Set-up internet connect > choose custom > leave all settings the same expect MTU, change that to 1473.

Soldato
Not turned my ps4 on since 23rd, got a horrible cold so not felt like playing anyway. I take it psn is still down going by posts.
Do you think psn and live are doing some background maintenance to secure there services more to future attacks as I can't remember a ddoss attack causing this much trouble.

Associate
Changed it on my router also - did not know you could change it on the PS4. will change my router back and change the PS4 settings instead.

PSN network status shows as being online: PSN network status. so we should not need to sneak in a back door, if indeed we are!

Caporegime
Anyone else getting tragic connection speeds on theirs at the minute? 13meg download and 3 up. I get 3X that on the pc which is at the other end of the house with a wifi connection. PS4 is wired.

Back
Top Bottom