Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Associate
I think I am at about 50% with 17 hours on the clock now. I only have 5 story missions to go though.

i know what you mean but i am enjoying it so much i have more or less not bothered with the main story lol ive just been orc killing and collecting artifacts and doing side missions.

you also get daily missions pop up and signing upto the wbplay give you extra stuff.

i have done 6 side missions that were avenge your xbox friends death lol

was reading about the new dlc and there is going to be a new hierarchy of command with beasts so the whole process will start again as you would have already killed the warcheifs

it must have a lot of replayability as some of my friends have killed 15,16 and 20 warchiefs lol

Soldato
Finally finished this, I thought it was an incredible game even if the final boss fight was a bit dissapointing.
Currently at 95% complete with 28 hours played so I will no doubt carry on and get the 100% and mop up the trophies that I still have to get.

Soldato
Looked at buying this as a friend recommended it. The 'River' site seems to have lots of reviews slating the graphics and slow loading of textures on the XBox 360. Did others notice this?

Seems like it can be had second hand for < £30 now so would be worth it. Reviews and comments on here of game play seem promising.

Soldato
I got this at Christmas and have found it to be absolutely incredible so far; I adore the combat and find the captain deaths to be very, very satisfying!

Frustrating when attacking a captain to find within 40 seconds another 2 rock up to the party with spears and bows :(

I'm enjoying tailoring the character abilities and runes to suit my play style, and when stealth isn't an option - opening a couple of caragor cages ;)

Soldato
Looked at buying this as a friend recommended it. The 'River' site seems to have lots of reviews slating the graphics and slow loading of textures on the XBox 360. Did others notice this?

Seems like it can be had second hand for < £30 now so would be worth it. Reviews and comments on here of game play seem promising.

I think the old gen version is fairly hampered.

Associate
new to this game but after a few of the main missions I have to say its the most addictive game I have ever played lol also love that you can actually play a quick game when you just wanna waste some time and battle a few captains etc.

Associate
I've just started playing this on my Xbone after a few months on the PC version and it's surprising how nice the console does look when compared. Of course the framerate is massively less than my pc but having it on a 55" telly is quite a bonus! My mum was watching as 5 captains appeared at once and I actually ended up with the whole family egging me on to flee. Naturally I cut them all down instead XD

Soldato
:( - Pitty, it looked a good game and the reviews for it are astounding. Perhaps I'll pick a copy up in a month or so when the price drop a fair amount.

I would just leave the old gen versions completely. You'll probably grab a new console at some point? And you won't really have missed out by not playing it until then, you'll also enjoy it a lot more.

Soldato
really struggling to get into this, after reading many positive reviews (some being GOTY's), it just seems like a poor jumble of AC & Batman but less smooth or polished than either.

Got to hand it to the Developers though, the Nemesis system is a great idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
I frigging love this game. It's the first game since TLOU that I've really gotten into. Is it possible to kill every single captain without having another "unknown" take his place. I seem to work my way through them and eventually after completing missions, the battle report says someone has taken his place.

Caporegime
I frigging love this game. It's the first game since TLOU that I've really gotten into. Is it possible to kill every single captain without having another "unknown" take his place. I seem to work my way through them and eventually after completing missions, the battle report says someone has taken his place.

Why would the Orc heirarchy not replace dead captains? :confused:

Soldato
I don't know that's why I was asking. Is it never ending i.e. there's no trophy to be had for killing every captain?

I'm pretty sure I got it to a point where there was only a few left, as they only update hierarchy if you die. Or complete a mission.

If you kill them without being in a mission i think you can pretty much empty them of captains.

Soldato
Just completed this game, loved it.

Only issue was the fight with the Black Hand, I was all pumped up for a major showdown only to get a QTE event. None the less, really enjoyed the game.

Soldato
Need some help please guys. I've marked all the warchiefs so they are under my command, but I don't know what to do next. It's telling me to dominate a warchief that I've already taken command of, but when you go to the mission he just turns up and it asks you to dominate/command/whatever him again. What are you supposed to do!?

Soldato
really struggling to get into this, after reading many positive reviews (some being GOTY's), it just seems like a poor jumble of AC & Batman but less smooth or polished than either.

Same here, but I'm going back to it as it seems to be very difficult at the beginning which is what might be putting me off. i found batman too easy and 3 of the assassins creed games utter crap.

I just feel that this game has huge potential.

Back
Top Bottom