Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Here is Chloe, in the first 3 photos is her very first day in her new home. She's 12 weeks old. She is over 2yrs old now and is a very vocal cat and cries for everything, whether she wants food, cuddles, wants to play or when she comes back in after 5mins or 5hrs.

She a very loving cat, always loves a cuddle and sleeps with me every night.

I have another cat, his name is Koda, had him at 5 months, now over 9yrs old, he does like the odd cuddle but prefers being on his own and prefers sleeping on his own in his basket. He unlike Chloe is extremely quiet and very rare for him to make a sound. He's a big cat but also very loving, you can do anything with him.

Took around a month to get them to play nicely with each other when I brought Chloe home as Koda was around 7yrs old at the time and has always been the only cat. They get on great now and do play together sometimes but they mostly stay apart and do their own thing.

Here she is at around 18 weeks old, never leaves my side.

Here she is currently at around 2yrs old, still acts like a kitten.

Here is Koda at around 5 months old.

He's around 8yrs old here.

Here he is at 9.

Here they are together last year, it's not very often the sleep next to each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
George and Daisy have grown over the last couple of weeks. Discovered fleas on them over Christmas day so present opening was followed by bathing cats. Now treated with Stronghold from vet and fleas are gone and kittens are out roaming again.

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

Soldato
New delivery method

Found this. I wonder what OCUK's response will be.

Amazon had it's drones but I think ****** has gone a step to far. Mine could not do this job as it would interfere with her mega sleeping time.

Caporegime
OK, does anyone else's cat keep doing forward rolls when being petted? It's comical, but I'm not sure what she's trying to tell me :p

Also, playtime... Bella will spend most of her time watching me wave toys and things around, deciding whether or not to join in. Then she'll pounce once, and go back to just watching. I spend most of my time trying to psyche her up for a good game. I've tried slow, fast, imitating prey movements, toys, hands, making noises, silence... Her watching to playing ratio is always 10:1!

And the bugger is that if I get bored and stop, she'll start meowing. And she'll increase the volume to a howl until I bring the toy back, at which point she'll just sit and watch me again :p

Ah, cats!

[edit: Also she's not interested in cardboard boxes. They scare her. I'm not sure she genuinely is a cat, tbh...]

Last edited:
Associate
OK, does anyone else's cat keep doing forward rolls when being petted? It's comical, but I'm not sure what she's trying to tell me :p

Also, playtime... Bella will spend most of her time watching me wave toys and things around, deciding whether or not to join in. Then she'll pounce once, and go back to just watching. I spend most of my time trying to psyche her up for a good game. I've tried slow, fast, imitating prey movements, toys, hands, making noises, silence... Her watching to playing ratio is always 10:1!

And the bugger is that if I get bored and stop, she'll start meowing. And she'll increase the volume to a howl until I bring the toy back, at which point she'll just sit and watch me again :p

Ah, cats!

[edit: Also she's not interested in cardboard boxes. They scare her. I'm not sure she genuinely is a cat, tbh...]

Have you tried a cheap laser pen, see if that gets her playing and running around?

Caporegime
Have you tried a cheap laser pen, see if that gets her playing and running around?

Yeah, she'll chase a laser pen. I've had one since the beginning, but decided not to use it after reading that it can have side-effects (I read in a few places that not being able to catch the dot can cause - in some cats - certain kinds of mental problems). So to err on the side of caution, I decided not to use the laser pen again. So I stick to physical toys she can jump on and/or catch.

Soldato
Do like we do, place a little treat somewhere out of site on the floor. Have her chase the laser all over the place and eventually have it finish on the treat. Means they "catch" the laser.

Soldato
I read in a few places that not being able to catch the dot can cause - in some cats - certain kinds of mental problems

Yeah no.

There are quacks in every field and you can read all sorts of quackery on the Internet. Play with your cat, have fun, get on with your life, stay clear of the crazies.

Among the bull **** you will read online:

1) 8 weeks is too young to separate a kitten from its mothers. Nope, they cope just fine. This is an animal rights Myth perpetuated by certain Internet mentalists.
2) lilies are instant cat death. There is one dubious scientific paper where they mulched up some Lilly tea and injected 4 cats, which killed them, and some anecdotal 'media' report Wahwah. Well, our garden is full to the brim of day lillies and our cats haven't died - go figure.
3) cohabitating kitties must be litter mates. Say that to our 2 unrelated kitties 4 and 2 years, who we introduced properly and get along just fine thank you.

Anyway, on a more related note, for some fun toys, try cheap drinking straws. Esp good for teething kitties, you can play with them to get them interested then 'tuck' the straw somewhere reachable, like sticking out between two books on the bookshelf, and watch your clever kittie work out how to retrieve it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Barry having a good roll.

EpT47gjY

...and I hate it when people dress their dogs and pets in stupid tutu's and stuff like that but.... yeah well I went and did that too didn't I.

Dressed up for NYE when we had guests over :D

f9E7wj7i

Mat

Mat

Soldato

Ah, cats!

Luna will only chase a piece of string I wave around or a ball of tin foil (about the size of a large marble). She's not at all interested in the laser, ping-pong balls, things with bells, cat-nip or boxes :/ I think she may be from the same litter as yours :p

Associate

So something that I didnt know, but is apparently true, cats watch their pry/toy for patterns.

For example: my cat Snoopy was managing to catch bats a few years ago, and we were stumped to know how. The conservation guy - who came to examine and re-release the bats (she never killed them and brought them home) - told us that cats watch the pattern/order of the bats flying out of the roost.

So 6 bats would fly out first, then a gap, then the next 6 and so on. Snoopy had found a spot above or below the roost exit and was (effectively) counting the bats and she would catch the first bat of the 2nd or 3rd set of 6! :o

This applies to play time too. Try not to go all erratic with the toy (fast, then slow etc) make a pattern to your movements! She will watch and then jump when she is sure that she will catch it :)

Have you got one of these? My 2 both love this in different ways. Peanut gets some serious air when trying to catch it!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_toys/cat_dangler/feathers/137344

This doesn't seem to apply to laser pens tho :D

Edit: have you tried rolled up receipts? Peanut loves chasing them and bringing them back to me in his mouth! Also, wrapping paper...a screwed up ball and thrown at Snoopy and she will catch it and rip it into strips :) Kept her out of my way when doing the Christmas wrapping, but I seemed to use a lot of paper this year ;) :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom