Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Associate
I have been looking a lot at Caymans recently after the talk in here and recon a 10k Cayman S isn't that far off. There seem to be some decent examples at the 13k mark. I would be tempted into one for 10k I think, my 10k boxster was perfect for the year or so that I owned it before I drove it into a wall.

I want one but don't do nearly enough miles in the 911 to justify it, in the 3 years I have owned the 911 its done something like 6 or 7k miles and I wouldn't sell it so it would mean running both a Cayman and the 911. I might even be tempted to wait for a slightly ropey example and see if I can do the work myself.

All I know is that if early Cayman prices keep dropping I might not be able to help myself.

What's the motivation for a Cayman? If you're not using your 911 much then you'll use it less with a Cayman to drive too. They don't much like to be left standing around...

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks it!

If it's PDK can see it being potentially sub 7:20 ring time and sub 7s 0-100mph which is pretty ridiculous for an NA focused drivers car. If it goes back to roots and manual then maybe a bit slower but can see Porsche sticking with PDK and maybe offering manual as an option for purist.

Man of Honour
I am reading it is PDK only with a 4L and limited to 918 owners. Luckily I know both 918 owners and some who are due to get them so can't wait to have a go in one. It will also have a pitlane speed limit function Ive read :D

attachment213_zps4c0a7efe.jpg

OOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Man of Honour
This is going to be a leap on from the GTS I believe. Circa 380-400bhp rumoured but will come with a much bigger price tag I suspect.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
This is going to be a leap on from the GTS I believe. Circa 380-400bhp rumoured but will come with a much bigger price tag I suspect.

The biggest unknown for me is the price and the engine as I don't want a 4 pot turbo. I may upgrade but it does depends on the cost really and reviews...

Man of Honour
[RXP]Andy;27437414 said:
The biggest unknown for me is the price and the engine as I don't want a 4 pot turbo. I may upgrade but it does depends on the cost really and reviews...

3.8 NA from C2S

OcUK Staff
OP
3.8 NA from C2S

It needs to be, 4 pot turbo's do not belong in Porsches, they really do not!

GT4 is a drivers car, that means turbo no chance!

3.8 NA I agree and they will either release it with 380 or 400BHP and maybe offer the power pack option to make it 430BHP.

430BHP NA in a sorted Cayman would be amazing and silly quick with PDK box and of course the Cayman GT4 will have manual option too so could be the track day favourite especially if the 991 GT3 RS is only being offered to 918 customers.

Thing is maybe GT4 is one of those cars to get pre-ordered if Porsche decide to just make a handful like the Cayman R meaning they could appreciate very fast.

Man of Honour
I am told that Porsche has enough LOI's for the GT4's to be gone come release and the RS is the same, but twice over.

[RXP]Andy;27437622 said:
If it follows the GT car ethos, the car should be ligther than the standard models.

My GT3 was actually heavier than the C2S of the time. This is due to the GT3 using the C4 body structure I am lead to believe even though it has C2 panels.

Extracted from Planet-9

The GT4 Cayman will be only manual.
The GT4 Cayman will be 3.8L.
The GT4 will have a massive LSD.
The GT4 Cayman will have bhp between the base Carrera and the Carrera S.
Big jump from the Cayman GTS in terms of performance, drive and suspension.

Purely taken from another forum but seems to be well sourced.

OcUK Staff
OP
Wonder whether it'll be a lightweight too... Say no more than 1300kg.

It will be 1275-1325kg with minimum options and weight saving options, so ceramics, buckets etc.

It will be incredible as Porsche always feel lighter than they are, so a 1300kg Cayman will feel like a 1100kg regular car. The only car on the market that would be more alive in it for feel would be the new Lotus Exige but the Porsche will absolutely destroy it both road and track without a doubt.

No idea what it is with Lotus, I really love the new Exige but my god why is it so slow, I mean 7:52 ring time, makes no sense to me, it should be much faster considering it is on R-spec tyres, lightweight and lots of power. It is either a handful or the guy who set that time pulled over for a brew.

My GT3 was actually heavier than the C2S of the time. This is due to the GT3 using the C4 body structure I am lead to believe even though it has C2 panels.

Yes, my mate with a 996 GT3 MK2 was unhappy when he corner weighted my C2S and realised it weighed less than his GT3. :D

Man of Honour
I really hope Porsche do it justice and make it proper quick. The car has been crying out for it and knowing how good the GTS is, I can see how something with circa 400 horses and a GT3 steering rack, LSD and maybe sports suspension and manual box will hark back to the GT3 I had.

Soldato
Apart from the fact that this car has had 3 owners in less than 5000 miles, is it missing any sort of "essential" spec? Link

It's so, so pretty. I'd have to drop another 17k on top of my M135i though.

EDIT: This is a more "sensible" option if you could call it that. I could still carry my bike on the roof, and I actually prefer the way the Cayman looks. I'm too scared to test drive it in case I want it :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom