Opinions on this motor please?

Soldato
Trust me having been looking at fiestas and 208's over the last week(OK a good bit newer but much the same cars) the difference in refinement between them and at least the old model aygo is almost unbelievable

Focus a good option

Soldato
OP
That would be nice, but £180 tax and looking for 1.4 and under.

Really after a smallish car for mrs and 2 young kids.

I think we need to up our budget or just go for that Peugeot (sorry!)

Soldato
Is it really worth disregarding a car just because the tax is going to cost about £10 per month more? Not exactly talking about monster sums of money in that respect. I doubt the fuel usage would be dramatically different either, especially if it's only doing school run mileage.

I think we all know that the OP will have that Peugeot by next week though, smacks of wanting confirmation rather than any real alternative, anything suggested will have something wrong like 5000 miles too much or £100 of tax etc. :p

Soldato

Tax is £15 a month and the fuel cost difference is going to be minimal.

Look at the difference in options you get with the Focus. AC, heated windscreen etc. It's a far far superior car.

It's it's not exactly a massive car.

Peugeot 207 - 4047mm long vs 4342mm for the Focus.

Soldato

Why are you discounting a 1.6 over a 1.4? It'll hardly make any difference to economy if that's your worry, especially if it's used as little as you say.

The tax is £15 a month; hardly extortionate.

A slightly bigger car might be better with 2 kids I'd have thought; especially if you need to transport buggies, prams and other paraphernalia.

Soldato
OP
Mrs likes the smaller car for parking etc and doesn't want a really nice car as she knows she doesn't treat them very well ;) No need for buggies, kids are 8yrs. Need to take into account insurance costs etc as well, hencer smaller engine.

Associate
207's are not bad cars for the school run scenario but they are unreliable with lots of electrical problems. Having driven them as company cars over the past 6 or 7 years I would never buy one with my own money!! If you do go for it make sure you get a long warranty.

Soldato
OP
still looking!

The Seat has been sold and the Peugeot Verve we were looking at the garage has for some reason upped it from £4695 to £5k!

Associate

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Look, if you want a runaround. then just get a Jap car.

Best one will be a Toyota Yaris. These little cars are bombproof. Every person i know who has had one, have only praised the little car they have had.

That's where i'll be spending my money when my Mrs gets her driving out the way.

Back
Top Bottom