What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Started getting some bits together to get the E46 prepared for our annual Euro trip. Ordered 8l Castrol Edge, air and oil filters, and a pollen filter (though this needed but not just for the trip).

Need to replace brake pads all round and brake fluid, plus new tyres but I've got a couple of months to get that sorted before we leave in May.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh that reminds me, need to replace the cabin filter in mine with an activated carbon one, it has a new standard white one at present.

Soldato
Oh that reminds me, need to replace the cabin filter in mine with an activated carbon one, it has a new standard white one at present.

Mister Auto are reasonably good on price. They've got Mann activated carbon ones for £14, which was much cheaper than the price I got quoted from Euro Car Parts last time I enquired.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah I got the Mann one for £11 last year for the old E46, figured it might be the same still but if Mister Auto are better then I'll order via them ta!

Edit*

£13.85 at Mister Auto, £12.90 at ECP :D

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It seems like a lot but actually isn't :) They're all small items of no high value really, stuff I had on my old car anyway so I want to keep that same feel.

Associate
These arrived today:
hid1.jpg

The headlights on my XF are pretty poor on standard bulbs, and the top of the range bulbs which make them acceptable keep blowing every 6 months, so I decided to try another route.
Will get around to fitting them tonight I hope (weather permitting!)

Am I wrong in thinking these kits are not road legal? i.e MOT fail?

Soldato
One my recently fitted xenon bulbs has started to go a little dim (in fact it's got a red tone almost in comparison to the other side). I figure I might as well replace the pair as I've no idea how old the bulbs are, what's the current best D2S bulb to replace them with? I've heard good things about the Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense, is there any other bulb I should consider before purchasing?

Cheers

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
One my recently fitted xenon bulbs has started to go a little dim (in fact it's got a red tone almost in comparison to the other side). I figure I might as well replace the pair as I've no idea how old the bulbs are, what's the current best D2S bulb to replace them with? I've heard good things about the Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense, is there any other bulb I should consider before purchasing?

Cheers

Philips X-tremeVision seems to be the only real competition to the CBI, in most cases a bit brighter too.

I might have missed this but what did you do with your old car in the end?

Sold! Just got my private plate to transfer over once the retention documents come through any day now.

Associate
Associate
Finally washed it after 4 months of ownership, got to the point were I couldn't see through the passenger window due to all the dust where I park at work.
Next job is to change the front speakers, just need to find out what size and brackets/adapters I need. 2008 mondeo, I think they're 6.5" but not sure if I need adapters/cable plugs. Also looking online it look like a bit of a task to remove the door cards so it'll be a weekend job I think.

Associate
Fitted a new cold start valve to the TVR and changed a load of washers out on the metering head, then preceded to try my hardest to upset most of the local population :D

More to do tomorrow as the warm up regulator needs to be taken apart to see just how buggered it is. Aren't projects fun? :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Replaced a blown sidelight, and booked it in for an oil change.
Not having any of this 20,000 mile long-life servicing nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom