***World of Warcraft : Warlords of Draenor***

Associate
As for the discussion about pure dps vs hybrids, I don't think feral druids vs rogues is a fair comparison to be honest. Druids have far less control over the damage they take compared to a rogue, even though they have a tanking spec. Survivability alone makes rogues a very viable and solid choice for a raid spot as they require far less healing than any other melee capable class due to evasion, feint (especially when glyphed, 30% damage reduction and 50% less aoe damage for 5 seconds, no cd just energy req!), combat readiness (if talented), cloak of shadows and vanish being a few examples.

Feral druid has what, iron bark for a damage limitation ability? No contest.

Also Rejuvenation while shapeshifted and the option to spec Dream of Cenarius and get instant cast Healing Touch which is a dps boost/heal. And a glyph for either increased healing received or reduced damage taken. :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
I despise this game at times :(
When I left before pandaland I had been running Molten Core every week, have one binding fo the windseeker from the best part of 4 years of running it.

My 2nd half dropped tonight....

Or so I thought :(
It's the same one I have in the sodding bank GNAARGH

Associate
Also Rejuvenation while shapeshifted and the option to spec Dream of Cenarius and get instant cast Healing Touch which is a dps boost/heal. And a glyph for either increased healing received or reduced damage taken. :)

Lol I'm glad someone else posted this. A druid player moaning about survivability, seriously!? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Ferals dont have iron bark? And theres no point in comparing damage taken in raids as you should be taking full advantage of the avoidable damage taken. Unavoidable damage is pretty much healed through by aoe heals so again, its pointless comparing.
I think ferals come out on top due to actual active heals and not just damage reducing abilities. Is the rogue healing thing even worth using in wod? Or is it garbage?

Associate
I haven't logged in for a month purely because I feel logging X amount of alts to do a lap of each of their garrisons mining/herbing/work orders on each professsion {don't even get me started with the barn...?} and then posting whatever I need to post on the AH ( yes even with TSM) feels like such a chore/job. It can take 30mins-1hr before you actually get to play the game.

Something I don't fancy after getting home from work.
Ive even said to myself I am not going to do dailies/garrisons as much however I can't help feel you then put yourself at a massive disadvantage compared to a player that would.:(

Ive played since april 06 so I guess over almost 10 years the player changes faster than the game.

Associate
How is it a massive disadvantage?

I'm pretty slack with my garrison stuff and do fine, my biggest issue is not being able to progress much further with gear.

I guess its how you look at it to be honest, I think I've shot myself in the foot really,leveled 9 characters to 90 pre WoD with a variety of professions etc. I guess I feel that if am not utilising the majority of them I am missing out a vast of income i.e gold/mats and generally being self sustained.

I've made rod for my own back. :( Add to the fact that most of the players whom I spent many a hour playing with have either quit the game or got other commitments, so I no longer feel the lure from the social aspect of the game.

Last edited:
Associate
Think I've actually managed to get back into the game this expansion. Joined a new guild on chamber of aspects that will be raiding at a time I'm actually free for once, people seem nice, enjoying levelling a couple of characters up to 100. Hopefully get a month or two out of it :)

Soldato
I really don't like all this garrison stuff, i just like to raid a few nights a week, and then PVP inbetween when im bored. Ive never been into the side of wow that includes fishing cooking etc, i only ever did cooking in vanilla on my rogue so i could make tea for pvp.

Associate
Cooking is easily done, MoP basically added a method to lvl cooking from 1 to 500 without moving from a vendor in Halfhill Market. Fishing unfortunately there is no shortcut to that.

Its Archaeology that really grates on me, at least Fishing and Cooking corespond with each other (cook what you fish, raise both etc) but this is basically worthless.

Soldato
Archaeology adds nothing to the game besides vanity and slow cash making so is optional and down to the player. Fishing and Cooking actually give you better stats etc from doing it but is still option as these can be bought if you really want them.

Soldato
i only ever did cooking in vanilla on my rogue so i could make tea for pvp.

I also used to enjoy stealth runs of scarlet monastery to get fadeleaf for blinding powder. Used to get a bit of spare change flogging a few extra stacks on the AH too.

Associate
Finally was able to PUG heroic IMP. the Curve achievement does open doors which is nice considering im not in a raiding guild.

Finished with Normal modes now, just need HC gear - game has been enjoyable. Playing as a hunter, but sticking to MM as i enjoy it, tried the more dps Surv but i find it messy and not enjoyable. (despite this im pulling my DPS and not stepping in mines durng raids, so i dont think anyone can complain!)

Back
Top Bottom