2011 MB Pro Repair.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Bugger.. looks like my late 2011 MBP has developed a logic board issue, apple have quoted me approx £400 for a replacement. Is there anywhere else I can get it fixed or is apple the only option?

Associate
I am pretty sure this is a very well known issue, if you google it. I would think Apple should be sorting this out even if your machine is out of warranty. Read a fair bit about it recently in various threads like this. Along the lines of the machine not being fit for purpose, and it being such a well known issues its all over the usual forums and people reporting it. Only thing is I believe, Apple haven't recognised it as an issue yet, or product recall or whatever it is they do. I have a 2011 mbp also, so am keeping a close eye on things like this incase it happens to me.

Soldato
My dad got my old MBP repaired online. It came to around £180ish with a brand new gpu and 6 month warranty. Shoot me a trust if you want any info.

Soldato
^^^ If you're keeping the machine it's likely a better option than refurbished logic board lotto with Apple. At least you know the history of your initial logic board.

I've seen it much cheaper than £180 though with a replacement GPU. It's not worth just getting it reflowed, it's a temporary fix at best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom