Shooting at French Satirical Magazine

Soldato
2 and 3 just aren't true, well perhaps 2 is if you take it literally - they weren't expected to complain about the Breivik killings, but they did anyway. It's interesting how many jihadi apologists seek to portray Breivik as a Christian, and while it's true he claimed to be, he also admitted that he wasn't particularly religious, didn't go to church, wasn't radicalised by another Christian. So I think it's slightly disingenuous to trying and portray him as Christian terrorist.

Fair point - on Brevik, and the rest and many other instances of persecutions going the other way?

Caporegime

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Now just imagine they didn't allow people unrelated to the incident go,
would people be blaming the cartoonist for provoking...or have less sympathy towards him?

I would have exactly the same amount of sympathy for those that died, after all they have done nothing wrong.

Soldato
The change of policy is paper only so far, let's see if they actually enact it.

"The BBC had shown a brief image of a Charlie Hebdo cover, featuring an illustration of the Prophet, during its news coverage of the attacks."

So the terrorists have achieved absolutely nothing (again).

Hopefully there will be evidence that they were trained abroad so that the government can get heavier with those joining IS without the 'community' complaining its 'racist' or whatever. :rolleyes:

Soldato
The Charlie Hedbo organisation is quite hypocritical with its claim to 'freedom of speech' - Why did it fire Maurice Sinet in 2009? He was also hit with a number of different lawsuits.

Its ok for them to 'criticise' muslims and christians but if anything jewish is remotely mentioned its a crime by the looks of it. Double standards as usual eh.

Soldato
No they didn't deserve it - thats a pathetic response.

My point is one that with all this talk of "Freedom of speech" and the world rallying behind it when it comes to 'criticising' a certain faith - why does it not apply across the board?

Soldato
The Charlie Hedbo organisation is quite hypocritical with its claim to 'freedom of speech' - Why did it fire Maurice Sinet in 2009? He was also hit with a number of different lawsuits.

Its ok for them to 'criticise' muslims and christians but if anything jewish is remotely mentioned its a crime by the looks of it. Double standards as usual eh.

Uh-huh, and in other news, 12 were shot dead in their office this week.
New punishment for hypocrisy?

I wish they'd change the Je suis Charlie, into 'I am human, Je suis humaine, 私は人間です, io sono umana, soy humano, Ich bin ein Mensch'

As it isn't about being Charlie, its about being oppressed for the views we hold, the words we say, the erosion of our human freedoms by people who disagree because of their interpretation of the writing in their book.

No-one deserves to die because they cause offence. Not even Chaudry for his recent ramblings on this matter.

RDM

RDM

Soldato

You probably need to do a bit more research, plenty of their cartoons also lampooned the Jews. Not that it matters as they still didn't deserve what happened to them even if they were the printing wing of the BNP.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Agreed - nobody deserves to die.

HOWEVER - There is still a stink of hypocrisy behind all this rallying to "Freedom of speech"

Google image search "Charlie Hebdo Jews" and you will see plenty of their anti Jewish comics too. So where is the hypocrisy?

Soldato
Soldato
No they didn't deserve it - thats a pathetic response.

My point is one that with all this talk of "Freedom of speech" and the world rallying behind it when it comes to 'criticising' a certain faith - why does it not apply across the board?

Because criticising Judaism probably won't fly to well with your boss, who nine times out of ten, is probably a Jew.

Soldato
Agreed - nobody deserves to die.

HOWEVER - There is still a stink of hypocrisy behind all this rallying to "Freedom of speech"

There is a difference between holding power of your editorial content and demanding power over all editorial content. Quite a big difference actually. Especially when the later is at pain of death ...

Soldato
SO why wasn't the western world rallying to assist the Al-Jazeera reporters and journalists that have been sentenced to death in Egypt?

Or is it that the pro-US government there can do what they like. The world stinks of hypocrisy when it comes to "Freedom of Speech"

I'm simply pointing out there are so many standards when it comes to "Freedom of Speech" that a few here keep banging on about, yet when a muslim or whoever says something they don't like then its not classed under the same banner.

Either way none of this is any justification for the murders that took place in Paris - its still a horrendous event but some people here should think twice when they start screaming about the "Freedom of speech unless it's not something I like" protests.

Back
Top Bottom