I'm army and have just been dropped off in the 'worng place'... scam?

Associate
Don't give them any change and they give you abuse. There was a guy hanging around outside the shops near I work asking people for money to get some food (haven't these people heard of jobs or self-respect?). He didn't like it when I wouldn't give him any of my hard earned money.

The police can't do much as they're only moving the problem onto another area if they slap on ASBO or restraining order on them.

Associate
there's a bloke on the buses inManchester who is a poor Canadian traveler who just needs some money to get to thee airport after his hostel room being robbed, must be having terrible luck he was at it nearly day for a month when i was there :p

god knows how much he must have spent on those plane tickets each day as he was always just about to catch his plane.

Yeah, think I know who you mean. he's been mentioned in the newspaper and used the same story as the bus I was on. Surely the authorities would have deported him by now?

Associate
Should be atleast 100 lashes for every beg?

#petition?

No. Ten lashes for each drink you had and outside the pub/bar you got banned for kicking off. Then pilloried so you can't move and people can 'look at you'/in your direction and even look you in the eye and you can't do anything about it, not even the six month ban which bans your from ALL the pubs, bars, clubs, buying alcolhol from the offies/shops in the country (a violation makes it permanent).
The way yobs who shouldn't even be allowed near shandy deserve to be looked at the way they carry on.

Last edited:
Associate
Me and a friend had something similar in B'ham, some guy asking for money as he missed the last train or something. To be honest we were pretty nervous (we were only 16) and so my mate gave him a couple of quid to go away.

We saw him cycling past a little while later.

Soldato
I think I must have been hooked in because he then started giving me this story where he had just come back from Afghanistan because he's in the special forces! He told me that in the army you sometimes get 'dropped off' in the wrong place and he needed to get back to Scotland.

At which point I'd have simply put my hand up to stop him from embarrassing himself any further and said "not that special then, eh?", before turning and walking away.

Associate
Glaswegian? So many scammers come from Glasgow its just...ugh.

I got done in Glasgow fruit market, me and my brother got approached by 2 eastern European guys, they were offering a nokia n95 and a sony vaio laptop on the cheap. we were interested and he said ok its at my car, we went into his car and he showed us the laptop and nokia n95, he put it in a bag, my instincts started giving me the red alert and I told my brother to back out as something isn't right. he was adamant it was genuine, so I proceeded, he want £400 we got him down to £200, that's why I was being very suspicious as the phone alone at that time was £200-300 at that time alone.

now, my brother on top of that had to take out money from the ATM, the nearest ATM was 2 miles away at an ASDA superstore, he took us there, and when we sat back down in the car, he said get out and well pass you the bag and you pass us the money but don't check the bag as we have a deal and I don't want people to be suspicious is what he said to us, as he passed the bag to me and my brother just about to hand the money to him, I opened the bag and immediately dropped it and headed for the car, but it was too late as he received the money by then and sped off, my brother asked what happened and I showed him the bag, it was full of cardboard paper making it as if the laptop and mobile were in there.

we had a lovely time walking 2 miles back to the fruit market laughing and trying to throw it behind us.

sorry for the long story but the lengths that people will go to is unbelievable, moral of the story, if your instinct is alerting you this isn't a good deal, tell them to bugger off.

Back
Top Bottom