Cable/FTTC router that supports multiple VLANs

Man of Honour
Anyone know one that supports it? I managed to get DDWRT on my RT-N66U however it wasn't very stable so I've been looking at alternates. I asked for it to be included in the Merlin build but the dev won't do it.

Caporegime
Anything by DrayTek is probably going to come in at a budget that you're happy with. Otherwise there's stuff like the Juniper SRX110, various Cisco boxes that can take VDSL cards, etc.

You could also get away with a L3 switch, depending on what you want the VLANs for.

Man of Honour
OP
All I want it for is to have my ESXI host (and thus guest VMs) on a different VLAN to my normal home network, so a L3 switch would work however they are quite costly for gigabit.

Associate
My Juniper SSG 5 does it, getting a little old now. My Cisco 881 will also do it, IIRC you need the Advanced IP Services for VLAN's. Might be wrong on that one.

Caporegime
All I want it for is to have my ESXI host (and thus guest VMs) on a different VLAN to my normal home network, so a L3 switch would work however they are quite costly for gigabit.

How about the HP 1910-08G? Just bear in mind if you go down the L3 switch route and want internet access for the VMs you need to be able to add a static route to whatever router you have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom