Band for wedding

Man of Honour
One couple I photographed last year employed a homeless man they see regularly playing on the street. I thought that was a really nice thing to do, they paid him a decent sum too and he stayed for a while after. Top stuff and makes it a bit more special to them as opposed to just finding a band off the ad listings etc. It also makes the wedding a bit more memorable and is often a talking point post wedding japes!

Soldato
I used to be in a marching band, so luckily I know a few people who are in wedding/function bands because of that; and they are very good. Brass/wind sections, the lot, very diverse setlist and keep guests dancing. We'll be able to get a cheaper rate because we know them, but for most people it will be expensive :(

The few bands that I know aren't with any sort of agency, so as someone said above it might be worth looking through gig listings at your local venue, pub or Facebook to go watch them to see what you think.

Associate
We got married in Dec, the band we wanted was booked so they made a suggestion. The chap we booked plays at the Jazz House in Birmingham (Jules Hollands Bar) and he was fantastic. Everyone raved about him and the drummer after.

http://www.carlsinclair.com/

Associate
We used these guys for our wedding last September.

http://www.thedeloreansband.com/

They were amazing. Really energetic, good selections of songs so that people of all age groups will know some songs and they got everyone up dancing :)

I would definitely recommend them. My friend is now going to use them for him wedding after seeing them at ours.

Depends on where you are in the country though.

Soldato
I used to be in a marching band, so luckily I know a few people who are in wedding/function bands because of that; and they are very good. Brass/wind sections, the lot, very diverse setlist and keep guests dancing. We'll be able to get a cheaper rate because we know them, but for most people it will be expensive :(

The few bands that I know aren't with any sort of agency, so as someone said above it might be worth looking through gig listings at your local venue, pub or Facebook to go watch them to see what you think.

Ditto - I might be in one of those bands you mention o-iii<O

Soldato
Soldato
good thing about a live band is in between the live music then you have a disco provided via the PA and normally you can choose your own music or just plug in a mp3 player with your favourite playlist

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions and links, much appreciated. For those who asked, we are getting married in Somerset and budget wise for the band we had guessed at around 1k but I have no idea what these things cost.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

My best man had a Prodigy tribute band at his wedding - it was awesome!

Soldato
I had a michael buble tribute, and he was incredible. Was a nice surprise from the brides family. He sounded spot on. Live music is a must at weddings in my book.

Back
Top Bottom