***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
I got the upgrade and phone works well, overall I like lollipop but still not sure about the new notification shade, seems harder to use than kitkat, guess I'll get used to it. Seems to me a little like they are choosing dinky animations and effects over functionality with lollipop.

Soldato
Problem with my N4. All of a sudden I get a no signal, emergency calls only or an empty triangle, no data or anything unless I'm outside the house/buildings etc. Just put in a brand new sim to eliminate it but the same thing.

Associate
Just picked up a cheap nexus 4(refurb £75) to check out android (or at least that was the plan - impressive phone so far).

Lack of 4g is a downer - although I have read that this can be enabled - has anyone tried this?

Also slight niggle with connecting to Wi-Fi on the BT home hub - it only connects if I change Wi-Fi frequency to 2.4?

Soldato
Just picked up a cheap nexus 4(refurb £75) to check out android (or at least that was the plan - impressive phone so far).

Lack of 4g is a downer - although I have read that this can be enabled - has anyone tried this?

Also slight niggle with connecting to Wi-Fi on the BT home hub - it only connects if I change Wi-Fi frequency to 2.4?
No 4G in the UK for this phone m8
Apparently you can `hack` the US version of the phone

Soldato
No I've never had any issues with the alarm or over night shutdowns...any chance its overheating when on charge?

My biggest issue is I use bluetooth a lot and I find either I am connected to the bluetooth and nothing comes out or the sound will stop coming out - in the car it then needs a reboot which isn't great :( Other issues are of course the battery life and the camera. Since going to Lollipop I do seem to be rebooting this phone more frequently :(

Soldato
I'd say you'll be alright if you fully wipe the phone and flash Lollipop. I've not had any issues since installing it on mine.
Mate on the Nexus5 had issues upgrading and keeping settings, but everything was fixed after wiping and reflashing.

Soldato
Problem with my N4. All of a sudden I get a no signal, emergency calls only or an empty triangle, no data or anything unless I'm outside the house/buildings etc. Just put in a brand new sim to eliminate it but the same thing.

Update on this: Googling suggested ordering a new battery which I've done and put in, but I'm still getting no signal in areas I should do.

I think we might be nearing the end for my Nexus 4, but I really don't want to.

Associate
anyone know which lumia phone is equal to the nexus 4.

as my nexus 4 has now finally packed up i fancy a change. unless there is a way of sorting the dead spots on the screen middle and bottom (right where all the buttons are :( )

Soldato
Non for the lumina i'm afraid. I spent some time pondering phones keeping an eye on the various threads in here etc and finally lost it with my n4 over the weekend when the battery life again just seemed to disappear and it crashed on my return home ;(

Although it is one of the more expensive variants I decided to go for the Z3 which appears to address most of the shortcomings of the N4.

* external memory card
* battery life
* camera

Size wise it doesn't seem a lot bigger than the n4 but will be able to post more once I receive it

Associate
picked up a nokia 630 for £52 in the green supermarket as a temp phone and introduction to windows phone 8.1. quite impressed with the phone for beer money. and the scrren is'nt as bad as the specs make out.

Back
Top Bottom