Forza 6 announced

Associate
I bought Forza 5 in the January sales, It really is poor compared to the previous games. On the flip side I thought Forza Horizon 2 was awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought Forza 5 in the January sales, It really is poor compared to the previous games. On the flip side I thought Forza Horizon 2 was awesome.

Just imagine how poor it was on launch day! Some of the problems were related to the underlying APIs for things like matchmaking being bobbins after Microsoft decided it was a digital hub and not a games console, then doing a massive about face. To be fair the entire Xbox One has had a massive amount of development thrown at it in the last 12 months on the gaming side to get back on par with the PS4, to the point that kinect is basically a white elephant having had all it's resources cut off.

Fair play to T10, they nullified the microtransations and readjusted the game mechanics quite early on, even if it's a tad easy now. They also didn't charge for the tracks. Just a shame they didn't add a lot of the missing features back in. There was a pile of simple stuff a couple of interns could ported over from the older Forzas in a couple of weeks.

There's a laundry list of things what's left of the community want, and it hasn't changed in 5 years :
Day/Night
Weather
League/Tournament facilities
More tracks
Enduro Races
Rims/Bodykit options not stuck in a 2004 time-warp.

They also need to re-add the community features that worked so well on the 360 titles that got stripped out to make the launch. Auction House, Car Clubs and the storefront being the main things. Lack of these in FM6 for whatever reasons (time, XBL API issues or even stupidity) and it's the series will be dead to the existing community. They won't be coming back.

Until I see proof otherwise, I'm convinced T10 will screw it up. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I liked Forza 5 albeit the reduction in content. I loved the engine sounds on various vehicles and then the driving mechanics seemed vastly improved in comparison to its predecessor! I will also be getting number 6. Like others I'd really like for them to bring back lobbies including custom ones and not to forget cat 'n mouse for a little bit of wrecking fun!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not too bad for a quick blast, but i'm sick of the more serious racing games on console and i'm certainly not paying hugely over the odds for a rather **** steering wheel for the Xbone.

They'd have to make Forza 5 into Forza 3 for me to want to pick it up, but Assetto Corsa and R3E have my attention right now.

Soldato
oh look more of the same, release a game with 200 cars, another 50 ready to be DLC.

so they'll charge for the same content 10x times.. and then scream "all new for xbox one" yeah right.. ripoff.

Associate
My biggest gripe with Forza motorsport is the variety of tracks. We have so many alternate routes on one track but not enough actual tracks. I'm gonna guess Forza 6 will feature under 400 cars, probably 350-400 excluding DLC of course!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure what the current car numbers are for FM5, I'd guess 240 ish with all the DLC. They advertised "hundreds" at launch and it was barely over 200.

So with FM5, plus the ones that are around in Forza Horizon 2 and a handful of new Fords we might get 300.

Soldato
OP
And probably drive about 20 of them. Unsure why everyone complains about car numbers when they feature hundreds... unless you dedicate your life to playing the game, you never touch most of them!

Forza is always top notch presentation, i'd much rather they had fewer cars with greater detail than Gran Turismo's pointless number of half-arsed cars.

Associate
I find in these games I stick with the same 4 or 5 cars I pick in every game. Cars like the R33/34 Skyline, Supra, NSX etc so car numbers don't bother me. The important thing for me is how the cars feel to drive.

Soldato
It was just a guess. I'll count up later.

Everyone plays differently, but kind of assumes everyone else plays it like they do. I'm a production saloons kind of bloke and avoid the R-class race cars by choice. Other people don't like anything below R2. One of the lads at work has five cars - 4 supercars and some 900hp Skyline. He sold everything else.

Each to their own, and that's a good thing.

Soldato
I think a lot of you are missing the point, each one of us likes different cars.. if we had a 100 cars of OUR choice yeah, that'd be fine ;) but if I had a 100 cars from someones fave list I'd be quite peewed.. obviously, all the super/hyper cars - hardly if ever used by me etc..

I just love building ridiculous things in fm4! and imo it is still a great looking game.

Soldato
FM4 stats from the profile screen :
47000 ish miles driven
488 cars in the garage

Of which 75 are immediately obvious and have at least couple of hundred miles on them :
57 used for league racing. Handful of duplicates in there as it's easier to keep track of the paint/tune.
18 for public hoppers

Must be another 120 that were test builds for comps or rivals events but won't have been used much. The others are unused gift and prize cars mainly.

And no, I didn't laboriously count them all. I've got them grouped to make it easier to find.

Associate
I guess I'm probably in the minority that thought Forza 5 was great. With all the driver aids off, the cars have far more nuance to the way they handle. Whilst I also enjoyed the previous Forza games, the cars always felt a bit like they were running on a scalextric track.

Also loved the way the force feedback triggers now make turning ABS off a realistic proposition without a wheel & pedals setup. Sure, you could switch it off before, but you'd have little indication when all 4 wheels were locked as you steamed into a hairpin...

I can forgive the fact that most of the tracks are recycled. For me, GT is a shining example of the mistake of emphasizing quantity over quality, and I'm glad they haven't tried to do too much with Forza. Cant wait for 6!

Back
Top Bottom