Yorhost.net problems

Soldato
Not a great start to the new year!

Some of you guys will probably know of Webmania. When they were good things were fine!

Then things went down hill, turned into Yorhost.net.

Stupid old me never noticed any issues! My partners website was always online, never had any issues regarding fee's. Invoices were always correct and things just worked.

Until late December when things went a bit **** up. We were billed twice for the same amount, I paid only the correct amount for hosting, but keep getting nagged for another payment of the same amount, but on a different invoice number.

I have tried and tried to get this sorted and fell flat against a brick wall!

I began to dig further and a close friend, who is an IT admin by trade quickly came back and asked if it has anything to do with a guy called Nathan? He then fills me in that the chap is less than honest and has done a bunk :(

So what do I do here? We have a domain name regged. It comes up for renewal next year in January. The server holding our website is still up and working... but for how long is anyones guess.

Hosting can be sorted elswhere but the domain, we want to keep it.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Soldato
OP
Basically the guy running the hosting appears to be a bit dodgy! I have been warned. So far for the whole time we have used the hosting, it has just worked so had no reason to worry or kick off until now!

Yorhost is trying to get 2years of hosting out of us. But it should only be 1year. So sooner or later it may park our website because it will act as if it was not paid!

I cannot get hold of anyone at Yorhost to sort it! Seems to be the norm from what I have read on google.

We want to jump ship to a reliable hosting, carry the domain over but not sure how to sort the domain out?

Sorry I am not savvy on all this stuff :(

Permabanned
Just do a domain transfer on the new host. It comes up saying 'Transfer Domain' once you do a search for it as it would show taken.

Don't stop with them regardless, just ensure you cancel all Direct Debits and ignore all letters if you get any. Sounds and looks like a shoddy host to me.

Permabanned
Basically the guy running the hosting appears to be a bit dodgy! I have been warned. So far for the whole time we have used the hosting, it has just worked so had no reason to worry or kick off until now!

Yorhost is trying to get 2years of hosting out of us. But it should only be 1year. So sooner or later it may park our website because it will act as if it was not paid!

I cannot get hold of anyone at Yorhost to sort it! Seems to be the norm from what I have read on google.

We want to jump ship to a reliable hosting, carry the domain over but not sure how to sort the domain out?

Sorry I am not savvy on all this stuff :(

If you are the registrant of your domain , with your email ID registered and the domain registrar end you can ask for domain transfer to new host and even get all your data migrated to new provider. First I will suggest look for website backup at your local end as well as domain transfer. You can contact WebhostUK LTD if you are looking for reliable provider.

Back
Top Bottom