The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Associate
Is there a way to clean install the steam version without having to download it again? I seen to have a few texture/gfx problems

Last edited:
Associate
What exactly is your problem? Might be an idea to delete the FSX.cfg and let it rebuild itself first but before you do that describe your problem so we have a better understanding of the problem.

Associate
Have you installed any scenery addons that require extra files, for example ORBX scenery you need their library files too. It looks to me like you're missing some type of tree texture.

Associate
I can't help you with DX10 issues I'm afraid Litmoose. I use DX9 along with (I re-installed yesterday as I hadn't since I did a clean install of FSX recenty) the ENB mod and shader 3.0 mod to get the results I want.

If you continue having issues I'd recommend doing that, especially as you have an ATI card which is meant to see good performance gains with the shader modification.

Associate
A2A Simulations Wings of Power Accusim B-17G flying over the Cascade range (Mt Rainer is just off the lower right of the image. Scenery is OrbX worldwide.

B-17G_1_zps9fef64c7.png

Associate
Today, after re-installing CumulusX and downloading a few new gliders, I had a nice flight soaring around the island of Hawaii. I think the scenery is all Aerosoft stuff but the glider is freeware. Not the best I have but the ASW22B is an awesome x-country glider.

U3WNtcJ.jpg

VozQysx.jpg

wxYhnqn.jpg

b7jOW7C.jpg

sX91yz8.jpg

dPmzxQD.jpg

Pm3cRxP.jpg

ATXpy1D.jpg

LAe6RVw.jpg

Here are a few shots of a Minimoa that I took whilst flying in Germany at Aerosofts free Wasserkroupe scenery. The minimoa stands out to me as I remember making balsa-wood chuck gliders of it in my younger days.

9J6o3Xh.jpg

prAQGgl.jpg

Y8CzrMC.jpg

ynBRkoU.jpg

Soldato
Hi guys,

Just wondered whether we had any flight-simmers in the Liverpool-Manchester area who'd be interested in taking a set of Saitek Pro-flight rudder pedals and X-52 HOTAS off my hands? I'm having a bit of a sort out as I'm about to complete on a flat I'm buying, and won't have anywhere to store these going forward. Thus, I was just going to throw them out, as I don't even have a gaming PC anymore (and nor will I ever again I think), but thought it'd be a shame, and that it'd better to see if anyone here would rather have them before I did.

MjEaYNc.jpg

Apologies for the massively oversized image, posted it from my iPad, and can't see a way to resize!

Admittedly, they've been in the loft for the past few years just gathering dust as I no longer have the packaging, but I did plug them into my laptop, and they powered up, were recognised by Windows, but I can't guarantee what they'd work like in game, as I have no games to test them on. Thus, I ask nothing for them, they're free to a good home. I just felt it would be better that someone else enjoyed them instead of them just going to landfill.

Naturally I'd prefer that someone collected them, as I'd rather avoid the hassle of finding a right sized box etc, but if anyone's interested, please feel free to drop me a line through Trust.

Cheers, Mike

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone here have any experience in making addons and how to publish them?

I downloaded a new AFCAD/BGL to make VHHH more accurate in FSX, but I've been working on it to improve it (stuff like taxiways widths, locations, etc). I know I need to contact the original author and get their permission before I share it anywhere, but after I have that? Where is good to upload it? Another option of course is to apply only my changes to the stock airport and upload that?

I know there's decent payware addons but not everyone can afford them, and the default FSX buildings for VHHH aren't too bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well done on supporting the community.:)

As for uploading it, if you had some webspace, you could start a single page site that contains these changes.

Put some ads on it too for some pennies when people view the site.

You may want to see if there's any Virtual Airlines that use HKG that could host the file and credit you.

Soldato
Thanks.

I was thinking more about one of the big sites? FlightSim.com, Avsim?

I've started flying for FTG for Cathay Pacific/Dragonair so I'll probably end up doing all of the airports that I fly to in time, availability of charts, etc.

Associate
Loving the Steam Edition right now. Flew with the PMDG 777 from UK2000 Glasgow to UK2000 Heathrow, over FTX Scotland & England with all my sliders to the right without an OOM. Before I would have gotten an OOM on the climb out from Glasgow on that flight! I've got the bug for FSX back now. Next step is to buy the DX10 fixer and get that up and running.

Does anyone have any controller recommendations? I'm looking to go back to a normal joystick + throttle without spending a large amount, preferably less than £100. Right now I have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke which is awesome, but I have hard mounted Fanatec pedals in my cockpit for the racing sim, so I basically have no rudder. The only way to use the pedals as a rudder is to run Windows in Test Mode/Unsigned (whatever it's called), with pPJoy & Glovepie running to combine the clutch and throttle into 1 axis, which is really just not worth the aggro. You can imagine trying to take off in the 777 when it's a little windy without a rudder to keep me fairly centred on the runway...

Maybe not allowed to post this here either, but anyone around Central Scotland want a cheap Pro Flight Yoke? Would be a pain to ship so if anyone local wants it I'll give it at a good price to a good home. I'll throw it on the MM shortly.

Back
Top Bottom