What version of linux

Soldato
Guys I am very new to linux. I have a pi and I have used rasbian, Now I wouild like to try a different version. Can you guys recommend what is best? The only thing is I need it quite clear and the ability to make text larger as I am very badly sighted.

Permabanned
What are you specifically looking for? If it's going on the Pi, you'll be limited to distros built for that architecture (ARM). If you're planning on using it on your desktop/laptop (x86 or x86_64) there's a whole lot more.

Here is a list of distros available for Pi: http://elinux.org/RPi_Distributions

For desktop/laptop use I would suggest Debian or Ubuntu as you're already familiar with Raspbian, which is Debian built for the ARM architecture. So you will be familiar with a lot of it's tools and package management (things like apt-get).

Man of Honour
Personally I'd recommend Mint Cinnamon because it looks quite like Windows. So will probably have an easier learning curve than the standard Ubuntu, while still having the back end of Debian/Ubuntu.

Soldato
I think Hades missed the raspberry pi bit, even with ARMv6 support they'd would run like poo.

IMO keep rasbian but have a go with other window managers, it would be pretty easy to swap out LXDE with xfce which has decent text scaling (having had to use it on a HiDPI display).

Back
Top Bottom