The Evolution's replacement

Associate
Well after I was paid out on the Evo we decided to go and order a new car as the S max was also a big pile of crap :rolleyes:

We took delivery of this on the 21st of December after test driving the merc and was then told its been discontinued and the other one we wanted by another manufacturer was also discontinued waiting for a new model.

So here she is

A nice brand new
Salsa red - VW Transporter shuttle long wheel base
2.0 tdi 140
dsg 7 speed auto
3 zone air con
Stereo upgrade
S-SE upgrade which included carpets and a few other bits like colour coding
Tints all round
Parktronic I think they call it

First impresions are I hate the pedal height which cant be adjusted lol. I have since the photo ordered but not yet put on some side steps, wind deflectors and some chrome bits and bobs.

It is not pleasant to drive and neither is it fast or handles well but we have 7 seats separating the 3 children so there are arguments and they all have a dvd screen and a charge point for ipads etc. The boot being the long wheel base is huge so its nice to not have to squeeze kids and shopping etc in the car as we can now throw it all right in the boot and not worry :D We came back from ikea yesterday which can only be described as enough flat pack furniture and candles for a lifetime and guess what I get to spend my holiday from work doing :mad:

Sorry its not a massive in depth review but its just a van with seats I thought a few may like to see lol.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Considering how well set up etc the EVO was yes I do cry a little at times esp when the new owner emails me saying the car is a credit to the work and money spent on it etc lol.

I do have a little run around for personal use but it's 25 years old and belongs to my mum but costs me £5 a week in fuel that's it for the 15 miles a week I do.

Soldato
I think it'll look quite good with some steps and chrome bits on! Maybe some different wheels too......oh go on then and lowered a bit (though maybe that'd ruin it!)

Soldato
I think it's lovely (but I drive these kind of things every day).
Be sure to let us know how this goes on, considering replacing my Trafic minibuses with these in 12months time.

Soldato
I've been trying to swap my 3 corrado's for a VW van of some sort. Not great to drive but I'd still love one for the space and options it gives :)

Looks very smart thought. Need some inside pics :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
VW Transporters are pretty good at what they do and the LWBs are huge.
At the end of the day it's just a van with seats, but it's a good one at that.

Enjoy :)

Soldato
I see loads of modified ones around here, mostly with aftermarket DRLs of some description and vinyl bonnets, they seem to be some kind of growing "fashion"

I don't personally like them as I like driving but I can see why would if you had too

Soldato
Very interesting. I'm getting frustrated by the lack of luggage space in my Grand Scenic with all but one seat occupied.

Any chance of some interior shots?

Back
Top Bottom