The FA CUP Fourth Round ** Spoilers ** [23rd - 26th January 2015]

Soldato
van gaal ''the pitch was against us. the referee was against us''

so nothing was against cambridge? even excluding the naff striker who earns more in a month than cambridge pull in revenue p/a....

Caporegime
I think I understand LVG's intention with those words. Playing on a pitch like that is against the big clubs, the ref was poor, naturally the crowd were against them and understandably the media/rest of the word. Everyone loves it when a giant goes out against a minnow. The commentary on tv and five live was terribly biased but I can understand it. That's a huge story for the FA cup. The average person loves the thought of 200k players getting knocked out by players on relative peanuts.

LVG didn't sound like he was moaning and in fact praised the home atmosphere and he just seemed to understand it. I'd love to know what the thoughts were of his buys this year going to play on a local recreation ground in comparison to what they have been used to :D

They will smash them at home but those superstars just aren't good enough, I don't think that would have been an issue at all when the spine of the team was british players that understood the FA better. I think United would be nuts to give Falcao anything other than wages. A transfer fee in excess of 10m, run away.

I just hope my friend, also a poster on here has his boy get his debut in the game at Old Trafford. :) Great evening for those regular fans of Cambridge United and some well required funds. I often wish they seeded all premiership clubs and made them avoid each other until the later stages to spread around these games for smaller clubs.

Man of Honour
OP
Reading this thread is awesome

Moyes was better ;)

Funny you should say that, from this morning's paper:

Statistically speaking, there is not much to distinguish Louis van Gaal from David Moyes at Manchester United. Their respective records to this point of the season are eerily similar.

Van Gaal’s United have 40 points from 22 matches in the Barclays Premier League. Moyes’s United had 37 points after the same number of games. Both teams each scored 36 goals in those 22 fixtures. Van Gaal has seven clean sheets to Moyes’s six. United have been poor away from home under Van Gaal (15 points from a possible 33) but much better at Old Trafford, where they have won eight of their 11 matches.

Conversely, United looked lost at home under Moyes, losing four of 11 games en route to mustering just 17 points, but were more adept on the road with six wins and two draws in 11. United went out at the first hurdle in the FA Cup under Moyes and did the same in the Capital One Cup under Van Gaal.

Even the criticism now being levelled at Van Gaal echoes some of the complaints directed at Moyes. Michael Owen suggested this week that his former club were “not functioning as a team”, which evoked the myriad comments about Moyes’s United being too one-dimensional, too leaden, too predictable. Under Moyes, the argument went that the reigning champions should never have fallen as far as they did. With Van Gaal, the case being advanced is that United should be performing a lot better for a team that had £150 million lavished on it in the summer.

Caporegime
LVG though is brilliant in interviews. He gives off such an air of confidence and that it's almost laughable that people would question his methods and that he knows what he's doing.

It's a really good bluff, I thought before the season his recent experience wasn't that relevant and I stand by that. I think it's going to be very very expensive before they come to the same conclusion. Even on the day he's sacked he will be supremely confident he knows what he's doing and everyone else is an idiot.

Still it's more entertaining than watching Moyes wilt.

Soldato
LVG though is brilliant in interviews. He gives off such an air of confidence and that it's almost laughable that people would question his methods and that he knows what he's doing.

It's a really good bluff, I thought before the season his recent experience wasn't that relevant and I stand by that. I think it's going to be very very expensive before they come to the same conclusion. Even on the day he's sacked he will be supremely confident he knows what he's doing and everyone else is an idiot.

Still it's more entertaining than watching Moyes wilt.

he sounds and looks like a drunk grandad and seems to want to mimic mourinhos attitude. difference is, 9/10 jose comes accross as very ccc, van gaal comes accross as deflecting an attack. jose also has the results and league position to back it up.

he clearly doesn't know fully what he's doing if he's bowing to chants of 4-4-2

Caporegime
As I say I like his interviews, like this one...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30940946

The media lap him up and so far have given him an easy ride, he makes it very hard for them to challenge him. In that respect he's miles ahead of moyes even if he does remind me of beaker.

5vr5dz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom