Bar Design

Associate
Looks very nice but the two TVs on the left look like after after thought stuck in the corner where there is no seating or standing. So everyone would be looking into what looks a "work area" with the AV setup and Coffee machines.

Maybe you could utilize the pillar in the middle so that the guests would be looking into the room rather than out of it.

Associate
OP
I guess its not so easy to critique since you cant see the full room layout, on the left there is a high booth seating facing 4 TV's.

The TV's will most likely be bigger than that, this bar is ram packed when the football is on it currently has small screens on the bar taps, and big projector screens that drop down.

This is a work in progress and we are at the early stages of the floor plan. :)

Soldato
I cant tell if the short wall behind the slot machine extends all the way to the bar or not?

If it does, then I agree with roccles: the televisions seem to be off-centre and a bit awkward.
If there is a decent gap between that wall and the bar, and the bar extends much further to the left than we can see, then it all looks ok to me.

What program are you using for the modelling?

Associate
OP
aSdODgE.jpg
0HZNVnN.jpg

There is that corner section (the wall on the left of the fruit machine has changed)

Here is another view (that was has also changed since these renders)

jIFlNMp.jpg

I used 3Ds max to model Vray to render and photoshop to edit

Last edited:
Soldato
The TV's will most likely be bigger than that, this bar is ram packed when the football is on it currently has small screens on the bar taps, and big projector screens that drop down.

The fact that it gets ram packed made me think that by curving the bar top inwards, you could get more "bar length" in, which might be better for business.

Soldato
Honest opinion... it's ok but nothing special, it actually seems a little generic and even sterile. I'm not keen on the blue either, I know the colour theory behind it but it doesn't feel welcoming to me personally.

As to the rest this is how it feels to me personally (background is product design with occasional interior design work):

Your first area has a 'wall of drinks' to display, I assume, premium products. As you have it now they're going to get lost to the viewer, it would have been better to have individual 'boxes' to separate and draw the eye to each one. It also has a bit of a supermarket aisle feel to it.

The slot machine looks like it's just stuck there because you have nowhere else to put it.

The tv's in the first image do seem a bit of an afterthought and I'm not sure their placement is good for ergonomics, the people at the bar ordering drinks wouldn't really be able to see them. Ideally they should be on the back wall behind the bar.

The second picture with the dart board.... you could be losing at least 2 seats because I know I wouldn't want to sit that close to a dart board, due to possible bouncing darts.

I also think the big tv's are out of place, they seem like an afterthought... kind of like 'I need tv's somewhere, I'll just mount them here. There's no blending them into the design of the bar or anything, say by adding a wood border/frame, they're just there and could get caught because they won't be flush to the wall.

Last edited:

AJK

AJK

Associate
You have a dartboard right in an area where people would be sitting and constantly walking through...

Associate
OP
Like I said its at the early stages, the dart board has moved since.

There is only so much I can actually move, a lot of this is how the owner wants it, I have tried to suggest otherwise but he is adamant.

Soldato
Like I said its at the early stages, the dart board has moved since.

There is only so much I can actually move, a lot of this is how the owner wants it, I have tried to suggest otherwise but he is adamant.

I mostly go with the customer is always right. I reckon it's better for business in most cases.

Rgds

Back
Top Bottom