Saudi Arabia's King dies

Associate
To be honest as someone who has actually lived out there, yes there are massive problems, however King Abdullah was actually a very good leader he undertook a lot of social reforms and encouraged change.

However you can only do so much, change is slow out there, it will happen but try it overnight like every other country we have 'intervened' in and well you know how that story ends.

Probably going to get flak for not living with the locals and being in a gilded cage, etc... but I am not blind to the issues there either.

Soldato
Not checked the other brothers, but what a life... lol :p

Ibn Saud fathered many children, including 45 sons.

Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud had 115 children and multiple wives. :eek:

Abdullah married about 30 times, and had more than 35 children.

Salman himself is believed to have more than 50 sons by several wives.

Inbredded, thats how monarchy's go on for so long.

Soldato
To be honest as someone who has actually lived out there, yes there are massive problems, however King Abdullah was actually a very good leader he undertook a lot of social reforms and encouraged change.

However you can only do so much, change is slow out there, it will happen but try it overnight like every other country we have 'intervened' in and well you know how that story ends.

Probably going to get flak for not living with the locals and being in a gilded cage, etc... but I am not blind to the issues there either.

I tend to believe there is some truth to this argument. However I am yet to see anyone list the reforms that have been made over the years. It seems to me even the most basic rights that nearly all other countries enjoy are still outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom