If you could travel back in time ( one way trip )

Permabanned
Ok you know when you sometimes go to bed and your mind starts to work overtime and you start thinking about silly stuff? Well this was one of those times last night lol.

If you could travel back in time knowing that you could never return to your own time or travel to any other time afterwards. which point in time would you travel back to and why?

You would only be able to travel with the clothes on your back.

Would you travel back to 33BC to see if it was all true about the son of god being born. and if it was true how would this change you?
Could you pass yourself off as a higher being with all the advanced knowledge you have?

Would you travel back and kill Hitler before he comes to power? Would this actually change anything? Maybe there would be somebody 10x worse who would actually win the war?

Would you travel back to 1975 and invest in a little start up company called Microsoft?

or one of your own.

Man of Honour
I would travel back to be Admiral Jellicoe's advisor a few months before the commencement of WW1. Then I would befriend some Germans so I could be Albert Neubauer's advisor in 1933 as part of the works Mercedes team.

If anyone has a time machine, I will pay top monies....Top MONIES!!! :)

Soldato
Memorise the numbers; 20, 21, 27, 33, 40, 3, 10; Go back to Tuesday 21st October 2014, beg or busk until I had £2, buy lottery ticket, win £143,641,614.

Also, common time travel error, how can you kill Hitler, if then in the future you don't know who Hitler was or why he was mysteriously killed all those years ago, before anything of any note ever happened to him?

Soldato
Memorise the numbers; 20, 21, 27, 33, 40, 3, 10; Go back to Tuesday 21st October 2014, beg or busk until I had £2, buy lottery ticket, win £143,641,614.

Whilst there is no way of proving it, I would argue if you went back in time a different set of numbers would come out. Butterfly effect and all that.

Better to just go back to 2000, learn the hell out of web programming and invent Youtube and Facebook. Safer plan and you'd be worth far more than £143m too.

Associate
Id go back about 10,000 years and teach primative man whatever i could and advance the human race by thousands of years thus resulting in modern man inventing a time machine to bring me back to now which would be an amazing and futuristic world and i would be treated like a god for being the father of the modern world :)

Soldato
i would only go back a few hours to win the euro millions. I wouldn't dare go back any further as i could end up killing / erasing the existence of everyone i know due to the butterfly effect.

AJK

AJK

Associate
Also, common time travel error, how can you kill Hitler, if then in the future you don't know who Hitler was or why he was mysteriously killed all those years ago, before anything of any note ever happened to him?

But you think going back in time and winning £143m would work fine and not change anything?

Soldato
i would only go back a few hours to win the euro millions. I wouldn't dare go back any further as i could end up killing / erasing the existence of everyone i know due to the butterfly effect.

Yet you think the numbers would be the same and not effected by the butterfly effect?

Man of Honour
Serious answer: I'd go back to 1987 and tell my 18 year old self to start a software company rather than work for someone else.

Not so serious answer: I'd go back to 1973 and meet Sam Tyler.

Soldato
Id go back about 10,000 years and teach primative man whatever i could and advance the human race by thousands of years thus resulting in modern man inventing a time machine to bring me back to now which would be an amazing and futuristic world and i would be treated like a god for being the father of the modern world :)

Primative man would have eaten you before you could explain what it was you went for. :D:D

Dave

Soldato
I wouldn't want to go too far back because I'd miss the modern day too much. Perhaps I'd go to three weeks ago, get my some lottery winnings and be glad for the opportunity!

If there was a two way ticket, gosh there are thousands of places I'd love to go.

Associate
If you could all not go back and potentially change or end my life, that'd be great...

Although I'd probably go back to a recent lottery number or sporting event and put money on. Then I would sell the time machine that I'd somehow got for a large sum of money or shares in a company.

Man of Honour
If you could all not go back and potentially change or end my life, that'd be great...

Although I'd probably go back to a recent lottery number or sporting event and put money on. Then I would sell the time machine that I'd somehow got for a large sum of money or shares in a company.

...and someone would buy the time machine, go back in time to improve their life, change your timeline and you'd end up homeless on the street :)

Back
Top Bottom