iPhone 4s Battery issue. Turns off at 35%

Soldato
Hi, wondered if anyone can perhaps offer some help.

My iPhone 4s 16GB. Works fine, always just it through the night.

But over the last couple of weeks. It seems to just switch of at 30-35% battery level.

Will not turn back on till plugged into a charger. But when it then turns back on whilst charging. It is at between 30-40% charge level.

Any ideas? Thank you

Associate
Sounds like the battery is knackered, my girlfriends 4s would do the same when it got to around 15%, and my iPhone 5 started to do the same after a couple of years.

Soldato
Could also be the battery meter is out, if you leave it for a while and try to power it up does it work? If so, run it flat, then charge back up again and it should be sorted.

However, given the age of the phone, it'll likely be a failing battery.

Soldato
Sounds like the battery is on the blink.

You could try resetting the phone back to factory settings, let the battery completely discharge and then charge it back up again.

Soldato
I've had this a number of times.

Wait a few minutes and try and turn it on. Sometimes it just fires up again. If not, plug it in to boot it then unplug it.

You then have to let it run down completely (even if it means doing the above every time it turns itself off until the battery is actually at 0%).

Then do a full recharge up to 100%.

That usually sorts it for while.

Associate
I appear to have this more when the phone is VERY cold.

On my old 4S I actually replaced the Battery, with a genuine replacement, and this made no difference, I put it down to an update which seems to kill most of my phones to a degree but what do you do..

Be interesting to hear a solution that has a 100% track record for fixing :)

Soldato
If the cold is affecting it then it is a battery issue. They discharge more quickly when it is cold.

Back
Top Bottom