The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
I've found my EOS-M (and X-E2) work fine with long, heavy lenses- I just rest the lens on my forward hand. It's short, heavy lenses that feel more unnatural because the small body means you don't have the leverage with the rear hand.

Even in that respect, you are simply holding the lens rather the the camera. Unless the lens is very short, but then it's not going to be that heavy.

Associate
Three manual Pentax K mount lenses, found along with a mint LX while clearing out my dear departed Dad's stuff. Bought some Fuji X adaptors and the 35-70 is surprisingly good. Haven't really tried the 75-150 yet. Cheers Dad....

weZmtqBl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
And there is why the EOS-M has never made much sense to me :p

My EOS-M is used 99% exclusively with the 22mm pancake lens on it, and the combo is excruciatingly good for the size/price and fits in a jacket pocket. It's one of my best purchases of the last 12 months to be honest!

EOS-M and 22mm pancake:

IMG_6109.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_8504.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My EOS-M is used 99% exclusively with the 22mm pancake lens on it, and the combo is excruciatingly good for the size/price and fits in a jacket pocket. It's one of my best purchases of the last 12 months to be honest!

EOS-M and 22mm pancake:

]

Totally agree my m lives with the 22mm while the kit lens gathers dust it is a lovely little combo and like you say silly cheap at the price. I almost consider it a fixed lens camera I haven't even picked up an eos adapter yet!

Soldato
The kit lens isnt actually all that bad! Far better than the ef-s 18-55, and the IS is great for video. I tend to take if I'm going somewhere for a long weekend and can't be fussed with my 5DmkIII

Soldato
Yep the 14mm is £289, the Sony is a lot more. I wouldn't be using it at anything other than 16mm which is a fair bit narrower than 14mm as well. Shame its not a 14-24 or something.

Associate
In price definitely!

Not used the FE, but the UWA Samyangs are establishing themselves as the de-facto bang/buck Astrophotography lenses. My 12mm f2 is the best £230 I've ever spent on camera gear.

I've got the Samyang 14mm on a D800. It is a good little lens for the money, but a Zeiss zoom I'd expect to be optically superior and able to control flare etc better due to the superior coatings. If you need 14mm the Samyang is a lot of performance for little money.

Back
Top Bottom