Would anyone buy this or should I scrap it?

Soldato
Obviously you're not looking at them properly

20150130_181237.jpg

:D

Can't type for toffee
Don
NO MOT!! NO MOT!!! hehe Bet some clown still complains its got no MOT :p

Do you not have the list of MOT fails? I just thinking the "and other things" might be dissuading people tbh.

Whats the leather interior from? Surely youd get at least £100 for the interior itself?
£100 for the alloys with tyres
then get one of those car reclyers to come pick it up for cash, probs get about £60 for a fiesta.

Don
Do the discs and pads yourself. £60 in parts for ECP. You say "maybe" brake lines so I'm assuming that is an advisory on the MOT and not a fail. Then get a new MOT and flog it for £500. I'm sure some kid will buy it as a first car.
Why throw money away when there is more on the table with a tiny amount of effort?

Soldato
OP
Well the guy doing the MOT said it definitely needs discs and pads, maybe brake lines and maybe callipers but he does not know without taking a closer look.

So I told him not to bother.

I agree I could spend some time and effort to fix it and sell it on but its just not worth the time and effort. The car is down in London and I am in Sheffield Monday to Friday. I cant fix anything my self.

It was a nice little car and its served me well for the last 16 years, it was my first car and actually my pride and joy when I first got it.

Re the leather, I bought the seats from ebay for around £750 quite a few years ago and fitted them my self.

Soldato
OP
Just had a look at the MOT thing, so says rear brake recording little or no effort.

windscreen wiper does not clean screen effectively

And faulty light bulbs needs replacing.

Soldato
Just had a look at the MOT thing, so says rear brake recording little or no effort.

windscreen wiper does not clean screen effectively

And faulty light bulbs needs replacing.

All really easy fixes, if I had a transporter I would have had this for the banger rally I am doing for charity :(

Man of Honour
Honestly I would be sad to see it used for something like that. It will make a good first car for someone.

If I buy it I'll be putting it on the road and either giving it to my neice who will be 17 soon, and if she doesn't want it my next door neighbours daughter is about to start learning to drive, I'm sure they'd buy it for her if my neice isn't interested.

I learnt to drive in the 1.4 version of this when they were brand new out, they are great little cars.

Back
Top Bottom