• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
i agree

max settings is a scam by game devs and GPU makers anyway

most of the time you dont really see a big difference between that and the next settings down but you lose half your FPS

It's a Gimmick, a bit like LED Lights on your fans...........you only notice a difference if you back off your settings too far.

Soldato
You pay for the return of the cards you have. Least that's what I was advised when I sent a web note.

Actually OCuk will pay for the postage too. Just send them a message after you get the RMA email and ask about a postage refund. They will send you a link to upload the postage invoice/receipt.

here's the message I got:

Thank you for your webnote

Please forward a copy of your postage receipt to [email protected]
so we can refund the return shipping costs to us.

Regards,

Soldato
No news from Gigabyte still, were still supporting our own OcUK cards of our own backs and of course it means our RMA guys have more workload to deal with. It is a situation we'd rather not be in.

Just unlike our competitors we were on this like a coiled spring and quickly came up with a plan even if we did not have support from the board partners.

So far were now just over 100 returns. :)

And I, like many others, are so grateful for OCUK's stance on this matter. Regardless of what people feel that they should do it is an amazing offer and other UK retailers should hang their heads in shame with their continued stance.

I have been exchanging posts with Bailey over the weekend regarding your stance with helping out on the returns, in terms of postage. I have read several posts from yourself where this seems clear but could you please clarify OCUK's position on this please..?
I am not sure if what I believe you have offered is what has been understood by the returns guys in this rather fluid and evolving situation.

Thanks

Associate
Actually OCuk will pay for the postage too. Just send them a message after you get the RMA email and ask about a postage refund. They will send you a link to upload the postage invoice/receipt.

Regards,

That's weird I did get an RMA and emailed after and asked about postage, and they said nothing about this , will query this again.

Thanks

Associate
it is.........but its RAM almost isn't.......because if this card had 6GB RAM it would be ok till late 2016

So is a needed upgrade within 2 years for a graphics card considered poor form? I'm new to desktops and was considering the 970 as my entry to 1080p gaming. Considering consoles (I am in no way trying to start a flame war) last for ~7 years I was hoping that a GPU was more in the 3-4 year range for upgrades.

Last edited:
Associate
it is.........but its RAM almost isn't.......because if this card had 6GB RAM it would be ok till late 2016

Problem with forums at times. Info given out never seems concrete. Some say 1080p maxed out on the 970 will be fine regardless of VRAM and only run into the issue 1440p above. Some, like you say otherwise. To the people who can't be ****** to read through all the pages full of members arguing doesn't help.

I run at 1080p maxed out and have not touched anywhere need 3GB of VRAM yet. Just over 2GB in fact.

Associate
Problem with forums at times. Info given out never seems concrete. Some say 1080p maxed out on the 970 will be fine regardless of VRAM and only run into the issue 1440p above. Some, like you say otherwise. To the people who can't be ****** to read through all the pages full of members arguing doesn't help.

I run at 1080p maxed out and have not touched anywhere need 3GB of VRAM yet. Just over 2GB in fact.

Which games have you been playing?

OcUK Staff
yes but you wont be full refunding those 100 970gtx for no return will you.

some believe you are.

We are refunding now yes, the money comes from our bank account, so right now it is our own money.

The board partners who support us will refund us in 1-2 months time, the board partners who do not they shall get b-graded and sold at a loss.

Associate
Well my 970 is going back, going to be around a month before i can get a 980.... one boring month coming up lol

Can't exactly say im a happy customer anymore

Well least you are able to get a refund. Should put some sort of smile on your face.

Which games have you been playing?

Battlefield 3 and 4, Far Cry 4, Skyrim to name the most recent.

Associate
No news from Gigabyte still, were still supporting our own OcUK cards of our own backs and of course it means our RMA guys have more workload to deal with. It is a situation we'd rather not be in.

Just unlike our competitors we were on this like a coiled spring and quickly came up with a plan even if we did not have support from the board partners.

So far were now just over 100 returns. :)

Facts are OcUK made a decision to take returns potentially without the backing of board partners as we put the customer first. Board partners were then pushed very very hard to support us because any actions now will be considered highly when it comes to future purchases. We pushed like crazy, we acted before any competitor, we have handled this situation better than any other competitor world wide. :)

What about ASUS, just spoke to a guy at OcUK on the phone who said i can return my card for a refund but he never asked what brand my card was.

Soldato

Regards,

That's weird I did get an RMA and emailed after and asked about postage, and they said nothing about this , will query this again.

Thanks

I was told No initially when I asked in the Customer Service (but then Bailey mentioned that he would talk to Gibbo) section but I have just posted here for Gibbo to clarify with the returns and then let us know.

Good that you got the response that you did.

OcUK Staff
What about ASUS, just spoke to a guy at OcUK on the phone who said i can return my card for a refund but he never asked what brand my card was.

Because last week OcUK decided to take all brands back of our own backs. Some board partners will support us and some will not, but that is for us to worry about.

All the customer needs to know is OcUK has acted in the best interest of the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom