Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
The service stamps are pretty irrelevant with oil levels, my DC5 was very good in terms of oil use but I'd still get through a 500ml bottle between services to keep it on the max. The worst offenders can use 500ml every few thousand miles

ha. My EK9 burnt a litre every 1k miles. The S2k isn't far behind that.

Permabanned
Well my in unlucky lucky.
Since I killed my Y80 tranny on Xmas and distributor died same week car been in garage.
Took a while to find descent s80 JDM box and seller was messing about with sending it over for 1.5 week. In that time mechanic gotten second hand Dizzy and got that sorted. But car was in garage so long it ran out of MOT. Ok then last Thursday he said tomorrow mot Saturday you can grab it (3 hour one way with train trip) But Friday hes kid got sick and he had to go to hospital ect so could not mot it for me :/
Anyway yesterday Finally took it for test spin hour before MOT and.... That second hand dizzy he gotten packed up....
Brand new one on the way and should be in garage on Thursday and finally motd for me this weekend to grab.
5 weeks without vtec :/ but hey could be worse... Dizzy could have packed up on my way home that would **** me off.
Once I get it need to go some B-Road and do some trashing. From lack of my TEG to trash i was going very hard at my van at owrk and.... Turbo packed up by looks of it cause Engine light and Drivetrain light came on 2 weeks ago damn that van got only 14 000 miles LOL

At lest i got new Vauxhall vitara sportlive to drive around till they fix my Transit. Those things are a nice drive but cant turn traction control off :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Any update Vita?

Non at all. I was told the day before yesterday I'd get a call yesterday to put it to rest, but recieved nothing. I called today only to be put on hold by the receptionist for 10 minutes. I then called the service manager on his mobile, only for him not to pick up.

This is why I'm looking for a second car, as it will be a long farce. Never to own a Honda again.

Soldato
I'd be going mental, why are you not?

Have you contacted the dealership chain's head office?

Have you contacted Honda UK?

I am going mental.

Because my car was serviced underneath the old franchise, I have to contact them. The SM did say he'd do it, but clearly hasn't. I'm in the process of contacting Honda UK.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they were under franchise change for 3 days last week. My car has been with them for a week. If I do not get anything by the end of today then it's safe they clearly don't care. I feel as I have been fair with them and gave them the time, but I don't get any updates. Everytime I've been there, or phoned it's always a 'we will sort it, do not worry'.

Permabanned
i am unlucky but nothing comes close to Vita. At lest i BRAKE my car. With normal driving it would not brake every few months. On other hand only thing left to brake is suspension form expensive bits lol.

Back
Top Bottom