TomO's new car - with review to date

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Looks fine to me. Nice car dude

A high end Mercedes interior should be more than fine, it should be the best in the business. That is the issue, the interior on the W212 is just "fine", it isnt even as good as the rival BMW interior which goes against what a Mercedes should be.

Dont get me wrong, i still love the car and he didnt have a choice of another car really, there isnt anything comparable on the market :)

Associate
A high end Mercedes interior should be more than fine, it should be the best in the business. That is the issue, the interior on the W212 is just "fine", it isnt even as good as the rival BMW interior which goes against what a Mercedes should be.

Dont get me wrong, i still love the car and he didnt have a choice of another car really, there isnt anything comparable on the market :)

Out of interest, can you provide an example of a rival bmw interior that looks better?

OcUK Staff
Next RR Day!

Car looks epic!

Potentially this Saturday, but was gonna be very small short notice meet, but not yet confirmed, if not this Saturday, then no doubt Saturday 21st.

Soldato
OP
Next RR Day!

Car looks epic!

Potentially this Saturday, but was gonna be very small short notice meet, but not yet confirmed, if not this Saturday, then no doubt Saturday 21st.

I can do this saturday and maybe 21st, but only for the morning on either, would need to be gone by midday latest.

OcUK Staff
I can do this saturday and maybe 21st, but only for the morning on either, would need to be gone by midday latest.

Well would be a tiny one, start at like 9:30-10:00am and be finished by 13:00

Just need to get a base run on where I am now, as in a week or two I shall have the CSL ECU and Map sensor plus tune in so need to go back for a compare and AFR checking.

Soldato
Next RR Day!

Car looks epic!

Are you thinking of organising a 'bigger' one a bit further in advance? :) Would like to get my car on Powerstation's rollers.

Soldato
OP
Looks fantastic. Did you ever do a thread about your old E55K? Would be very interested to hear your thoughts as it's a potential next car for me.

did a new car thread for it, but dont think much of a review.

I think me earlier comments in the OP sum it up, quick but not a drivers car. interior is getting on and I had a few issues with mine that needed fixing, but nothing dramatic. (having said that ONE air shock replaced was about £1k from memory!)

Soldato
did a new car thread for it, but dont think much of a review.

I think me earlier comments in the OP sum it up, quick but not a drivers car. interior is getting on and I had a few issues with mine that needed fixing, but nothing dramatic. (having said that ONE air shock replaced was about £1k from memory!)

Thanks. I'm not that bothered about it being a drivers car as I'll likely be getting a track car alongside it - I just want something very fast with vaguely sensible running costs. Nowadays it looks like you can get refurbed shocks for £300 or so, and tbh I can handle the odd £1k bill every now and then, I just don't want constant £2k+ bills, which is what's putting me off getting something like a CL600 BiTurbo.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing your thread now :p Enjoy the E63!

Soldato
I remember going out in your E55 at an RR day. I recall thinking "Wow this accelerates at quite a rate...

... Yep, it's still accelerating.

... Nope, it's not stopped accelerating"

A few seconds later we were doing about 400mph and then you pressed the brakes and around 0.6 seconds later we'd stopped.

:)

Soldato
OP
I remember going out in your E55 at an RR day. I recall thinking "Wow this accelerates at quite a rate...

... Yep, it's still accelerating.

... Nope, it's not stopped accelerating"

A few seconds later we were doing about 400mph and then you pressed the brakes and around 0.6 seconds later we'd stopped.

:)

well.... this is faster. And stops quicker. And can be tuned more. :D

Back
Top Bottom