The Mondeo has gone. Long live the...

Soldato
I kind of get it, but only 15bhp/litre more than the old NA engine and other comparable NA's. Tuning the engine like this brings the power band lower in the rev range, improves drivability in everyday situations and improves MPG. If you want that then might as well get a diesel though and be even better still?

Soldato
OP
How's everyone getting on with their Mondeos?

I'm pondering having my rear windows tinted to basically match the factory option tint level. I can't decide whether to or not.

It would look like this (not pics of my car):

q2hY401.jpg

gty1XdE.jpg

Yay or nay?

Soldato
Don't do it, mine is tinted and it's more of a pain than anything. Visibility through them isn't great, especially at night. I've had to open the windows a couple of times when reversing just to see what's next to me more clearly.

Man of Honour
I rented a Mondeo Titanium X last year which had the Ford factory privacy glass. It was absolutely horrible - it was basically limo black, the car looked silly with them and the rear seats were very dark and gloomy indeed. Horrible.

Associate
Bought one just after Xmas, was also debating rear tints but don't think I'll bother now

50aa91ca0c3bd4f6aec1679039d196b0_zps7d33f937.jpg

Soldato
Do like the facelift cars, looks really smart in black. The turning circle with those 19's and the rack restrictor they have to fit to stop them rubbing is a pain though.

The tints serve some useful purposes. My little girl likes them because she says its like being a celebrity when I take her somewhere! They are great when some div in a 4x4 with HID's wants to sit on your back bumper. They can be a pain at night - if the car didn't have PDC it would be a real problem I think. I wouldn't spend money on them personally.

Mines showing 26mpg at the moment with quite a lot of short journeys which really seem to hammer the economy. I reset it after filling up about 8 weeks ago and for the first week it was showing 17.5mpg after 30 miles! Furthest I'd been was a 4 mile in stop-start traffic when it was cold though.

Soldato
I have the Titanium and love it. Sooo much Boooooooooosssssssstttttttt!!!!

On that subject, as im in Gibraltar, there's no real problem if I go for the Bluefin option...right?

As far as I know, its just a case of purchasing, getting cars ECU info, sending it to superchips via their software, receiving a map and uploading that to the car?

Might as well ask here, whats the process in upgrading the Travelpilot NX software?

My one comes up with the following:

MAIN_VER_SW: 0336_071128
REG_VERSION: DI_SWNAVI6.4C1P21
NAV_VER_SW: N0967VF__6.4C1P21

(And no, not actually taken out the Maps DVD to check the year on it..yet)

Don
The wife has curbed the 18" wheels on her car pretty badly. I really want to get them tidied up, but I know she'd curb them again within weeks!

Soldato
On that subject, as im in Gibraltar, there's no real problem if I go for the Bluefin option...right?

As far as I know, its just a case of purchasing, getting cars ECU info, sending it to superchips via their software, receiving a map and uploading that to the car?

Might as well ask here, whats the process in upgrading the Travelpilot NX software?

My one comes up with the following:

MAIN_VER_SW: 0336_071128
REG_VERSION: DI_SWNAVI6.4C1P21
NAV_VER_SW: N0967VF__6.4C1P21

(And no, not actually taken out the Maps DVD to check the year on it..yet)

Have you actually got your radio codes to hand? The dealer I got mine from doesn't have them recorded for some reason and the only way to find it is by getting the HU serial number which involves a fair bit of trim removal :/

Back
Top Bottom