• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
right, so, you wade in, spout some off topic nonsense to get a response, we tell you it's off topic and doesn't belong in the thread and now you cry about it.

got it.

As for the 'torrent of 970 comments', that's me trying to keep it on topic and despite me telling you we get the point, and you quoting me saying it, you STILL go on. Carry on digging that hole Final8y. Amusing stuff.

Soldato
I only got that far and stopped reading.... I am not totally off the mark when I show that:

So please show me where I am totally off the mark on all aspects. T)

I Just did ;)
And that's where its going to end with you and me specifically in this conversation because you are perpetuating the very thing you are complaining about and you dont have the will to stop and that go's for james to.
right, so, you wade in, spout some off topic nonsense to get a response, we tell you it's off topic and doesn't belong in the thread and now you cry about it.

got it.

As for the 'torrent of 970 comments', that's me trying to keep it on topic and despite me telling you we get the point, and you quoting me saying it, you STILL go on. Carry on digging that hole Final8y. Amusing stuff.

Your comment did anything but that it was off topic before my comment hence why the quote, but until that point nothing was said that hit a sore spot.

And that's where its going to end with you and me specifically in this conversation because you are perpetuating the very thing you are complaining about and you dont have the will to stop and that go's for james to.

Last edited:
Soldato
power usage many argue if you a gamer doesn't matter but it does to the cost.

often a power hungry card can mean a psu upgrade which is often 100 quid on top of gpu card price.

that alone has cost 290 sales a lot.

Don't forget water cooling, in addition to a beefier pay you then need more rad space and fans to deal with the extra heat, I considered returning my SKI 910 and going 8th 290 but my loop would be way too noisy

Associate
So to give an update. I finally managed to get a RMA number from S**n at around 4 yesterday, was in the queue but got it. Its for a gigabyte card.

I also called my credit card and have started a charge back, if scan dont want to play ball i can file that charge back (the paper work is in the post).

I'm waiting for OCUK to get the R300 in stock and WILL be placing that and all future orders with them, so they BETTER have enough stock because it looks like me and quite a few more customers are coming over ;)

They didn't want to pay postage but i'll be filing a claim with the credit card company.

Last edited:
Associate
No it's around 13p dearer every 11 hours of gaming.and that means running at full tilt for those 11 hours also.any desktop browsing/general usage would mean even more hours required to get that 13 p extra.People need to stop using the cost of electric as if it adds a massive amount to your bill over a year of usage.

A gpu that uses 100 w more compared to another would still require 10 hours of SOLID running at full speed to incur an extra 13/14p based on average uk cost per kilowatt.so even if you gamed on a very intensive game for 10 hours a day for a month it would be 30 x £0.14=£4.20.so around £50 in a year......running a game at 100% gpu load for 10 hours a day 365 days a year.....yeah unrealistic :D

Of course yes your right. So a 290x costs 1.3p per hour more to run than a 970. Naff all really.

Caporegime
I Just did ;)

No, you went off on a tangent and didn't address anything to do with a 970. You have moved the goal posts so many times, you are now scoring own goals :D

Soldato
Of course yes your right. So a 290x costs 1.3p per hour more to run than a 970. Naff all really.

The 290 is probably cheaper over the year tbh. If you believe it puts out more heat than the sun like some would have people think it saves you from turning on your heating which costs a lot more than £50 a year. Yep the 290 is a money saver.

Caporegime
Sorry for off topic but I would happily have 3x290Xs in my machine right now, as it is chuffing freezing here today :D

But come the summer, I don't fancy all that heat and would happily have a 970.

Soldato
The 290 is probably cheaper over the year tbh. If you believe it puts out more heat than the sun like some would have people think it saves you from turning on your heating which costs a lot more than £50 a year. Yep the 290 is a money saver.

One card makes little difference especially anything before the 970, you start having multiple cards then you are going to feel the heat change period.

Soldato
No, you went off on a tangent and didn't address anything to do with a 970.

Yes my comment didn't address the 970 specially it was a general statement which related to the heat which does bring the 970 into it which is allowed and i will stand by what i said in it, so no the goal posts were not moved.

The only own goal im scoring is replying to you when i said it was over.
And now it is, while i dont put people on ignore dont be surprised if some of your comments to me go totally unacknowledged because there are many people that i disagree with but i do see some merit in what they say at times depending on the context which you have difficultly following if its not specifically and strictly wholeheartedly about the topic in every which way but in my opinion yours are getting to far part to be worth while.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes my comment didn't address the 970 specially it was a general statement which related to the heat which does bring the 970 into it which is allowed and i will stand by what i said in it, so no the goal posts were not moved.

The only own goal im scoring is replying to you when i said it was over.
And now it is, while i dont put people on ignore dont be surprised if some of your comments to me go totally unacknowledged because there are many people that i disagree with but i do see some merit in what they say at times depending on the context but in my opinion yours are getting to far part to be worth while.

You keep saying you are done with me and then keep replying :D

And you said "as people try to justify having to pay more for there brand preference", so whilst that is what you feel is happening, in reality, that isn't true of indicative of what is real. The EVGA 970 is cheaper than the Gigabyte 290X. You get a fabtastic warranty with EVGA, they were the first to allow refunds etc on the 970, so I would choose EVGA over Gigabyte (whom have been **** through this). So you are trying to deflect from your original statement and now moving it onto heat.

Maybe less point scoring and hands up when you are wrong?

Edit:

And if you feel my posts are that bad, please report them and let the mods do their job.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry for off topic but I would happily have 3x290Xs in my machine right now, as it is chuffing freezing here today :D

But come the summer, I don't fancy all that heat and would happily have a 970.

Maybe we can all agree then that 290/290x for the winter and 970/980 for the summer ;) all forum wars are over as we come to a concensus and world peace breaks out..... Sweet :D

Soldato
Nobody is ever going to back down guys - its a forum :|

Im not going to reply to his last comment because he still does not get it and never will because he is replying as if its specifically about the 970 not matter how many times i said it was not.
And him saying im wrong does not make it so.
He even lighted that i said the 970 is the acceptation to the rule so im not disputing that the 970 great for the price, but the fact remains that on average NV cards are not which had been my point which i have not changed in any way shape or form regardless of some tying to claim other otherwise, which is an opinion so no he cant claim that im wrong.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nobody is ever going to back down guys - its a forum :|

Well to be fair, I am waiting for my wife who is getting ready to go out for a meal and lots of drinks with friends, so I have about an hour to kill before she is ready and we can go :D

I also love a reasoned debate but I get tired of reading price per performance and AMD are king, when that isn't always the case. For the most they rock in that department but prior to this thread, the 970 was the must have card and probably wrongly of me, looking at the DX12 results for the 980 Vs the 290X, if you bought the 980/970 for the long haul, you can give a little smile.

Of course the Star Swarm bench is very early testing and I am not a fan of that bench either but it doesn't detract that Maxwell is looking good for the future of DX12 and I would be biting my nails if I had sent my 970 back and swapped it out for a 290/X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom