**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Man of Honour
went to see a Note 4 today, a chap from Gumtree was selling it

turned out to be a fake

luckily i saw this video before meeting the seller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5wctoqYkpk

the box was legit, the IMEI matched the ebay receipt, box was shrink wrapped (not a proper one) and the phone itself looked real but has no plastic around the edges and was the same as the above video.

told the seller straight and he pretended to be surprised lol

just a heads up, beware!

Quite shocking to see what lengths they go to in producing fakes.

Text version of what to look out for:

http://highonandroid.com/android-smartphone-news/how-to-spot-fake-galaxy-note-4/

Soldato
Gear VR Innovator Edition is now up for order from Samsung Store at £169 &£199, expected delivery 6th March.

Tempted to give it a go just to see what it's like.

I'm curious to try out the VR systems, and the money won't break the bank, but I just feel that I won't really use it much past the initial few hours of new gadget/toy syndrome!

Man of Honour
Tempted to give it a go just to see what it's like.

I'm curious to try out the VR systems, and the money won't break the bank, but I just feel that I won't really use it much past the initial few hours of new gadget/toy syndrome!

My curiosity has got the better of me, heart over head and I've ordered one.

Soldato
My vr came today it is good but not blown away as I had hoped, 1 reason really the pixels they really spoil the overall experience. The amount you see reminds me of the lg Optimus 3d screen while in 3d mode.

It just kills the experience for me and already has me thinking of getting rid of it, the overall effect is brilliant , some things really do look amazing but a lot of the 360 vr videos are just to low in quality to enjoy, if you looked on YouTube and seen videos of it trust me it doesn't look anyway that clear.

Some of the things are crazy good and had me thinking wow , McCartney doing live and let die Is amazing looking round seeing the audience and stage really draws you in as same with others. I didn't get the joystick version so can't try all the games out, the ones I imagine be the better ones to really show it off.

All in all it's decent but for me when we hit a 4k screen on a phone then this will come into its own.
A word of caution back up your micro sd card that comes with it as people's have been wiped by mistake by their phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
due to prices of second hand Note 4 now, i have returned mine back to Samsung for a refund @ £500

need to decide what phone to get now, another Note 4 (used and cheaper!) , Nexus 6 or iphone 6 plus?

must admit the iphone 6 plus is an itch i need to scratch at some point ...

Associate
Slight derailment here, but if you can't get 1080p or 1440p on Youtube, and you want it, and you are rooted, then edit your build.prop android version to read 5.0.

Man of Honour
Well, in my continued hunt for the right phone I've just ordered the BlackBerry Passport as it dropped in price this morning, as Samsung never got back to me with a code, so stuff them :rolleyes: :p

If this doesn't work out I'm going back to the Nexus 6, best allrounder I've used so far :)

Back
Top Bottom