Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
I thought you still had the ultimate diet Clio? Did you sell it, or did it blow away in a gust of wind?

Still have it, its currently garaged with some ITB's awaiting an engine/gearbox rebuild...or whatever i decide to do with it:p

Been rocking around in this for the last couple years :cool:

14939485052_b01c2c483f_b.jpg

But yeah, time to grow up and get something a little less stupid. New car will have a turbo though :D

Soldato
I've started to look for a 182 to replace my mx-5. Signed up to Cliosport.

Other than the buying guide on there is there any where else I should look for info before starting to look at cars?

Have I got the time for belt changes right. 3 years for aux belt and 5 years/72k for a complete belt change.

Associate
^^ Yup that is the correct timeline for belt changes.

Definitely look for proof they have been done. Remember that a lot of 182's are due their second belt change now. So definitely factor that in.

Cliosport is a wealth of knowledge and information so if you cannot find it on their you won't find it anywhere else.

Soldato
Doing some Minor Surgery on the 172 next week.

Small list of things being added:
Cup Wishbones + Powerflex Bushes (cost £100 together)
ARB PowerFlex bushes ( Inc with above)
New Ball joints on wishbones (£20)
New Track Rod ends (£20)
18" 3.5" Silencer adding to Exhaust Center section. (£60 for silencer + £50 for fitting)
2.5" De-Cat (£45)
Pre Cat Lambda Sensor (just a test to see if its the cause for lowish MPG) ( £13 )
Brand new Genuine Dogbone mount. (Powerflex causes vibrations and Flo-Flex is poo) (£36)
Wow £344 :O

Custom Chrome in Nuneaton are going to do the Silencer for me, and also the decat pipe. they said i can actually help them get the old cat off whilst they sort the silencer to save on time and in turn labour. I replaced the Cat to Manifold gasket kit last year so should be easy as pie.

Wishbones i will be doing, was quoted around £150 to do them both... so as its my week off i think i can get them done in a morning.

I'm hoping to have a tighter turn feel and an exhaust that doesn't blow within a week after each repair!

Last edited:
Associate
Engine, gearbox and lower dogbone mount made so much difference on my Trophy.

The gearbox felt no where near as sloppy and I didn't find the extra vibration that excessive at all. Pretty much one of the best mods I did.

Caporegime
Yeah the dogbone alone made a massive difference to mine.

All suspension bushes and engine and gearbox mounts are shafted on mine though, but its worth so little i can't be bothered. In a few months it will officially be "overdue a cambelt change" so worth £0.

Soldato
I've stopped using CS.net. It got too much into forum politics. The guys that knew what they were talking about left, and the people remaining would post rubbish info. Also the forum was happy to let companies get away with poor workmanship & delete anything negative as long as they kept paying their trader fees.

The search function and guides will be good though.

Soldato
I've stopped using CS.net. It got too much into forum politics. The guys that knew what they were talking about left, and the people remaining would post rubbish info. Also the forum was happy to let companies get away with poor workmanship & delete anything negative as long as they kept paying their trader fees.

The search function and guides will be good though.

Its very quiet now.

The For sale section is the main draw i think, and all the people with the knowledge are on the clio sport owners club facebook

Associate
I've started to look for a 182 to replace my mx-5. Signed up to Cliosport.

Other than the buying guide on there is there any where else I should look for info before starting to look at cars?

Exactly the same route I took in december. Took awhile to find a decent one which had the belts done but it was worth the effort. The buyers guide on there was pretty good as were the FAQ's on the technical part of the forum.

Its very quiet now.

The For sale section is the main draw i think, and all the people with the knowledge are on the clio sport owners club facebook

Pretty much the only reason I signed up to Cliosport was the forsale section. Figured anything in there would have a decent history on the forum that I could look back through. Think I've made like 2 actual posts. Need to stop looking at the Snappy wheel re-trim thread though. Will have to check out that Facebook page.

Renault Sport Clio 182
by Pete19s, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom