Retro console and games thread

Associate
Had a great day out at the charity shops, beat the competion to this lot by about 30 seconds just scooped the lot up lol he later approched me outside to ask if i was selling them or keeping them all £2 each and immaculate so very pleased.

Soldato
I've been tempted by a gamecube a lot too- I breifly owned one but found it didn't have the third party support that the PS2 has, and now matter how much I try I just can't get into mario (I haven't played any zelda games).

On another topic, my Gameboy Micro doesn't seem to be charging. I've tried only putting the power cable half in and giggling it etc, but the two buttons only light up blue for an instant and then go out :(

Caporegime
OMG HAPPY DAYS! :D

Original Amstrad CPC disk great condition

ckaxh.jpg

2h2o8ht.jpg

2jagehy.jpg

Soldato
Right, I've come to the decision that I'm going to sell the Dreamcast and PS3.

I've been offered a PS2 Slim + controller for £20. Judging from Ebay, I could probably get £20 for my fat + a controller and maybe throw in a few of my crap games I have lying around. But my question is, is the slim better than the fat in terms of reliability? Which would you rather have these days?

Associate
Lovely set up.

Can I ask, do you need any converters for UK mains on the PSOne console?

The PS One uses an external psu so if you get an ntsc console just buy a uk psu from eBay and it will be fine. Console goods.co.uk sometimes have them in stock. I ended up choosing a U.S. machine rather than modding a uk one because the pal machine outputs an off-spec 58hz not 60 when playing NTSC games that can cause issues with some displays and scalers.

Had a great day out at the charity shops, beat the competion to this lot by about 30 seconds just scooped the lot up lol he later approched me outside to ask if i was selling them or keeping them all £2 each and immaculate so very pleased.

Wow what a good buy.
I'd kill for Twilight Princess for my Gamecube collection.
I refuse to buy the Wii....always thought it was poo!

Back
Top Bottom