Do you arrive early/stay late at work?

Associate
Flex time although I have core hours so I rotate finishing at 4 and 6:30, and usually lunchtime on Fridays. Usually in around 7:30 because I don't like sitting in traffic. Any extra time remaining at the end of the month that I haven't used for flex is overtime

Soldato
In early, leave early (although technically those are now my normal hours) :p

Stay late occasionally or carry on working when I get home if we have a deadline approaching though, but its give and take, as my employer are very flexible, so if I need to leave an hour or 2 early or take a half day then it sort of balances out. Ultimately all they care about is that the work gets done, not what time of day it gets done!

Soldato
We don't have start/finish times where i work, we have core hours from 10am - 4pm that you're expected to be online/in the office for. Then you fit your 37.5 hours a week around those times depending on your workload/the business need.

I typically do about 8:30-16:30, whereas others in my team would rather do 10:00-18:00.

Soldato
Ah some of you have the easy life!
I'm usually in by 7:30am despite not needing to be in by 8:30, bell rings at 3:30, at which point I have every right to leave but workload dictates another 3 - 4 or so solid hours. Getting home at 7-8pm is not uncommon!
Guess the occupation!

jkb

jkb

Associate
I work whatever hours my job needs, often answering emails on my phone late at night and calls with the USA are common on an evening. One of my Spanish colleagues has been known to still be working at 1am her time.

Don
If I'm working from home, I'll normally start at the time I'd leave for my commute and then finish when I'd normally get home.

If I'm working in the office, unless it's exceptional circumstances I will only work my contracted hours. Any earlier / later and I get caught in traffic.

Associate
I work flexi-time so I work a rough schedule of around 8:30 - 4:15ish, though when I wasn't I could never see the point in working more than your hours. I do the work that I have, if its taking longer than my hours then that's not my problem, there is a little give and I would stay longer if I needed to get something specific done, but never made a habit of it.

Associate
Arrive early? Never, too much hassle getting the overtime for early starts authorised.

Stay late? As required, but only when I've been given a confirmation the extra is being paid.

Associate
Depending on who is driving (me or Mrs) as she can drop me off or I can drop her off she does 9-5.30 I do same hours but flex so if I drop her off she will get to work ~8.30 and ill get to work 8.40 and Ill leave at ~5.20 and pick her up at 5.30 sometimes much longer sometimes less I think it works out in works favour.
When we used to live in walking distance I often stayed an extra 10-40 mins to finish what Im working on but I quite like my job.

Soldato
I'll stay late if I have to & if my employer is flexible with me leaving early when I need to.

It's give & take really.

I much prefer to let the quality of my work speak rather than the number of hours I grind away at my desk.

Man of Honour
I leave on time pretty much every day, but I end up working at home, emails, online inputting, bleh. Though I would much rather do it at home with TV on, feet up, and snacks than at my work desk.

Soldato
I am the only person in this role so if I don't do it today nobody else will. I stay back to make my own life easier. Never come in early though, 8 is early enough...

Back
Top Bottom