• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 Fault Advice

Associate
Hi Guys

I have a intermittent fault with my Windforce 7950 I can some pretty extreme graphical corruption in games after a seemingly random amount of time, card is at stock and has never been overclocked.

The issues are not relating to heat as my case is well cooled and the card isn't over heating when the issues are occurring. The effects can appear as flickering/missing textures, full screen corruption and a seeming extrusion of 3d models.

I have swapped out the card with an old GeForce 460 and no issues occur with this card. The problem has also persisted through various clean OS installs and driver updates. I have flashed my motherboard BIOS to and the problem still persists.

Looking around the web and here it seems this a common fault with 7950/7970's so I RMA'd the card to OCUK earlier this week and they have completed testing on it and declared there to be "no fault found" despite me supplying evidence showing the fault. I have rung OCUK to challenge this and I was dealt with in a a very curt manner and was told there was no fault and it could be any number of things in my system. They were initally going to return the card to me in its present state but they have agreed to put it back on test for longer.

I have attached some screenshots of the issue (which I also supplied to OCUK) for you guys to have a look at and see if you have any suggestions as I feel I am going to end up with this card back with the fault in place.

http://imgur.com/a/XzYI7#0

Associate
OP
Well some progress, faults found and returned to Gigabyte for replacement anyone got any experience of Gigabytes warranty replacement stuff...just wondering what I am likely to get back as they don't make 7950's anymore (unless its called a 280 :) )

Back
Top Bottom