• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card for Steam Streaming...?

n3x

n3x

Associate
I have a HTPC with a Gigabyte E45M1-I DELUXE motherboard and whilst it works for Steam streaming from my gaming PC I have to run at 720p and even then the sound breaks up. I'm pretty sure this is down to the AMD APU not being able to decode the stream quick enough so have been considering adding a GPU to try and improve things. Can anyone suggest a half decent GPU for max £50? Or am I barking up the wrong tree...?

Soldato
what case do you have as the size of the case will determine what size card you can go for.

for the budget you may need to look in the MM section which you are not far off the requirements (need 1000 posts and a member for 180 days)

would you mind listing the rest of the specs as well please

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
what case do you have as the size of the case will determine what size card you can go for.

for the budget you may need to look in the MM section which you are not far off the requirements (need 1000 posts and a member for 180 days)

I have a SUGO SG05 so I think most reasonably sized cards will fit...

Associate

At his pace it will take him few months to get there;)

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
well for new cards at £50 there is a list below of new NVidia cards but not too sure if they are going to be any better than your built in GPU

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?catid=1914&groupid=701&sortby=priceAsc&subid=2892

AMD ones are here

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?catid=56&groupid=701&sortby=priceAsc&subid=1985[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't want to waste money on a GPU if it's not going to help... would rather spend the money on a new ITX board and i3 or something.

Associate
I have a HTPC with a Gigabyte E45M1-I DELUXE motherboard and whilst it works for Steam streaming from my gaming PC I have to run at 720p and even then the sound breaks up. I'm pretty sure this is down to the AMD APU not being able to decode the stream quick enough so have been considering adding a GPU to try and improve things. Can anyone suggest a half decent GPU for max £50? Or am I barking up the wrong tree...?

I have streamed from my main PC on a 7 inch tablet with no graphics card and it was flawless..

you sure its not down to the connection? even on my HTPC with just the integrated intel GFX it worked fine at full res

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
I have streamed from my main PC on a 7 inch tablet with no graphics card and it was flawless..

you sure its not down to the connection? even on my HTPC with just the integrated intel GFX it worked fine at full res

At first I thought it was so upgraded to AC WiFi but hasn't made any real difference to streaming even though the connection speed is greatly increased. Adding that to the fact I get "Slow decode" messages when Steam streaming and the APU has trouble playing 1080p YouTube video makes me almost positive its not powerful enough.

Associate
my media pc has an athlon 5350 and the intergrated gpu will do 1080p @ 60fps [on 'beautiful' encoding] flawlessly in my latest stats page it dropped 4 frames in a 4-6 hour gaming session [whilst gaming it was sharing media to the network + recording tv using media portal], i didnt even notice it had dropped (might even be a network issue as its at the end of some home plugs]

Caporegime
Are you all sure your low end gpus are actually using the hardware encoding? The steam option for hardware encoding has been there for ages is all. But it's only been so long since AMD GPU'S have worked.
It was flawless with my intel IGP, but with my 290 it's been pathetic. Basically ruined steam streaming for me.

Back
Top Bottom