iPhone 6 - O2 come unlocked?

Associate
Just wondered if O2 Pay Monthly iPhone 6's come unlocked, and only lock to the first sim which is inserted?

I ask as I currently have an iPhone 6 which I got from Three Pay Monthly (Assuming therefore it is unlocked), however I would like to get the 6 Plus, my sister therefore has an upgrade with O2 at the moment, so I can give her my 6, and take her 6 Plus....Is this viable?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Getting opposing views here... I think thaifood is right though? Any other feedback? Cheers - Just want to do a simple swap with sister and this seems like the most straightforward method really, my three iPhone 6 is unlocked, hers should come unlocked till the first sim is inside right, in this case I would put my 3 sim in her o2 phone.

Associate
Iphones direct from them come Locked
Only ones where they lock to first inserted Sim is the ones from Carphonewarehouse,Mobiles,E2Save Etc.

How do I know ?
Mistake by me putting a Three sim card into it and unable to use o2 after caused a lot off hassle to get corrected

On other note o2 should start in Feb/March unlocking the iphone 6 & 6+

Associate
iPhones supplied by networks (with the exception of giffgaff) and places like the carphone warehouse will lock to the network of the first SIM card regardless of if they're pay monthly or not.

Back
Top Bottom