***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hey guys, anyone having trouble with the Kanger upgraded dual coils at the moment?

I was changing them each week and they were fine, good strong vape, no gargle, no burning issues,

now I am using one a day, they either fall apart on me, of they cant absorb the juice and I am getting burnt dry hits,

I have considered maybe I am getting fakes, but I have now orded from three different suppliers, one with a black box/blister pack, one white box/blister pack and one with white box/blister pack with hologram sticker.

all are presenting some problem or another, some have a small slit on the side, others have two small holes.

do you think this is just a phase, or is the market just swamped to saturation with fakes?

thanks guys, I know a few here use the Kanger coils.

I tend to find that the kanger dual coils have a very low life span.. within a tank or two, I can start to see the wick poping out the holes, but yeah they tend/should last a week. I'd opened up one the other day and it was pitch black [yurk]. It's a shame as most of my tanks uses them.

What watts are you vaping at?

Associate
I tend to find that the kanger dual coils have a very low life span.. within a tank or two, I can start to see the wick poping out the holes, but yeah they tend/should last a week. I'd opened up one the other day and it was pitch black [yurk]. It's a shame as most of my tanks uses them.

What watts are you vaping at?

I rememberer this happening before with Kanger. When the first protank was new and a hit, the coils lasted a week or two, then as time went on the coil quality dropped and some barely worked out the pack. I think either they can't produce them at the same quality in huge numbers or that it is really hard for vendors to be sure they aren't buying 'fakes'.

Soldato
Just made a new stand for all my bits and bobs. block of wood with holes drilled in :)

Heres before and after :D

IMG_6430.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

Soldato
Haha, true, but I just got some old stuff out for that picture, like the kayfun 3.1 wont be sat there that lives in a box I don't use it. all them drip tips sit actually in the devices, the mx2 goes on my box mod, the orchid goes on the vamo, so theres 3 spaces for rdas. and 3 spare places for drip tips.

:)

Associate
Hey guys, anyone having trouble with the Kanger upgraded dual coils at the moment?

I was changing them each week and they were fine, good strong vape, no gargle, no burning issues,

now I am using one a day, they either fall apart on me, of they cant absorb the juice and I am getting burnt dry hits,

I have considered maybe I am getting fakes, but I have now orded from three different suppliers, one with a black box/blister pack, one white box/blister pack and one with white box/blister pack with hologram sticker.

all are presenting some problem or another, some have a small slit on the side, others have two small holes.

do you think this is just a phase, or is the market just swamped to saturation with fakes?

thanks guys, I know a few here use the Kanger coils.

The kanger coils with the slit in the side's are the new style coil and are supposed to 'wick' better than the version with 2 holes. I my self have had issues with the 4 small hole version with the wick actually coming out of the coil and only lasting around 3 days if im lucky. I thought it was because i was vaping at 11w on a 1.8 coil but i didnt matter what i vaped at i was still getting the same. What juice ratio are you using. I found that using even a 60-40 mix was asking a lot of the coil tbh. Now using the OCC coils in the subtank and getting nearly 3 weeks out of a coil. So glad i made that step in the vaping journey.

Soldato
So, I went to the local vape store earlier, and apparently my battery is causing an issue, and it is making liquids taste burnt etc. Tried different coils also tried it on some of their other batteries and it is fine on a different battery, but a different coil but my battery is still tasting bad.

So my question, shall I make the plunge and go for a mod or just get another battery which isn't an e-go. I have an Aerotank V2 so I think it's a bit much for the poor e-go. Currently got my Protank Mini on it and even that isn't as good as it used to be

Soldato
Anyone know where I can buy an SX 350 from?

You may want to hold fire to getting one. Yihi has a temperture control/sensor chip coming out and no doubt they will want to place it in their on flagship mod. There's talk that the software will be upgradable on the older sx350, but who knows :)

So, I went to the local vape store earlier, and apparently my battery is causing an issue, and it is making liquids taste burnt etc. Tried different coils also tried it on some of their other batteries and it is fine on a different battery, but a different coil but my battery is still tasting bad.

So my question, shall I make the plunge and go for a mod or just get another battery which isn't an e-go. I have an Aerotank V2 so I think it's a bit much for the poor e-go. Currently got my Protank Mini on it and even that isn't as good as it used to be

Wow.. If the bad taste was the battery venting, that's a lucky escape. :) I would stop using that battery all together.

My recommendation would be one of the isticks, 20/30/50 watts, take your pick..
30/50 watts one will allow you sub ohm. Unless you like to go all out and get something with a dna 40/sx350 chip in it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cloupor Mini DNA40 Mk2

So I finally got my Cloupor Mini's from Fasttech and a new DNA40 chip and a floating 510 from Stealthvape, wiring and buttons from Modmaker and set about doing another upgrade.
Gutted the box and fitted the up/down buttons, also cut the screen holder off the Cloupor board and glued it to the back of the DNA chip to hold the screen:
b6zZMmc.jpg
QKpKwaf.jpg

Wired up the 510 positive and fitted to the case, wired the battery terminals and added wiring for the Fire button:
[ zPVjuZ2.jpg
ncCLMxS.jpg

Wired up the up/down buttons:
c1lrrgM.jpg

Wired the fire button:
jWDexpz.jpg

Fitted the battery tray and wired the 510 negative:
X1SP9m6.jpg

The mod is complete and working, no USB charge board again as it's tight in there and my board did not arrive, took several hours this time as I took my time on this to get it as clean as possible and used No glue, the screen has a small piece of double sided tape to hold it to the DNA and that's it.
Here is a brief Youtube video of it working:

Last edited:
I spec'd out a mod box build from ModMaker the other day, so easy to get all the parts together on there.

Have opted for Siegeli Mini 30W to tide me over for the moment, along with a Subtank Mini. Will do the build later this year when I have a bit more time.

Also, quite fancy doing a cotton build mod in the Nautilus Mini coils for a laugh after watching Riptripper's guide the other day.

Soldato
I spec'd out a mod box build from ModMaker the other day, so easy to get all the parts together on there.

Have opted for Siegeli Mini 30W to tide me over for the moment, along with a Subtank Mini. Will do the build later this year when I have a bit more time.

Also, quite fancy doing a cotton build mod in the Nautilus Mini coils for a laugh after watching Riptripper's guide the other day.

you may want to have a look a shapeways, there's quite a few mod cases on there that's more exciting than the normal hammon box :)

Soldato
Wow.. If the bad taste was the battery venting, that's a lucky escape. :) I would stop using that battery all together.

My recommendation would be one of the isticks, 20/30/50 watts, take your pick..
30/50 watts one will allow you sub ohm. Unless you like to go all out and get something with a dna 40/sx350 chip in it.

Oh wow. I think I will stop vaping that then. It was making the coil get hot too, so must be something bad.

I will have a look out for an istick. They have them in the local vape shop,but are £30 for the mini :(

Soldato
you may want to have a look a shapeways, there's quite a few mod cases on there that's more exciting than the normal hammon box :)

Or if you like the Hana style box, Stealthvape do a kit containing the box, wires, buttons and a chip cradle which makes the whole process easy :)

Think I might now ebay my first Cloupor mini dna40, really dont need two of them ... I have too many mods as it is.
It cost me about £100 all in, if I could get that for it id be happy, what do you think, would it be worth that to somebody else do you think?

Soldato
Or if you like the Hana style box, Stealthvape do a kit containing the box, wires, buttons and a chip cradle which makes the whole process easy :)

Think I might now ebay my first Cloupor mini dna40, really dont need two of them ... I have too many mods as it is.
It cost me about £100 all in, if I could get that for it id be happy, what do you think, would it be worth that to somebody else do you think?

Try ukvapers; modmakers. People on fleabay don't care/know about real dna chips, they just interests in watts per pound ratio.

Damnit, why didn't you say this yesterday? :)

Cheers as always for the pointers fellas, I'll continue to have a read up.

I also quite fancy a wooden grip box as opposed to the usual Hammond/billet stuff too, make it a bit more interesting to have DNA in one of those.

Soldato
Sorry, did not know you were looking a box kit or I would have mentioned it.. :9
I fancied doing a wooden box, but two things put me off, they tend to be bigger and they are not as hardy with dropping or juice spills unless you wax often etc...

Soldato
Nice work ukdtweak :)

Just made a little 1.8ohm single coil for my MX1 to go with my vamo v6 20w.
As my mechanical mod still hasn't arrived from slowtech and I start my new job Monday, so I needed to make up the smallest device I could from my parts I own.

And im actually quite bloody shocked at how much this single coil 28g 1.8ohm chucks lol,
Wicked it up so that it soaks up from both sides of the juice well + also it is right below drip tip for easy dripping on the go. works really well actually lol.
Also, the cotton is secured with the screw on the spare positive post so it doesn't move about :)

Put some old batteries in the picture to show size comparison.

free upload

Soldato
Nice build Ice, yeah a 1.8ohm on a regulated device can do just as well as a sub ohm on a none regulated mod, that's the whole point of a regulated mod, safer clouds.
I used to have a 2.4ohm on the Big Block 454 RDA running at around 15w on my Hana and it chucked a good cloud and battery lasted much better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom