US: Better Call Saul

Soldato
OP
First two eps are up on netflix uk.

Really good so far.. really enjoying it. The intro to the show is kinda forgettable but not a big deal.

Shame Huell isn't in this. He is a Legend.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think you can compare 2 episodes to 5 seasons of character development.

Having said that though...enjoying it so far. Nice change of pace, really surprised to see Tuco back in it! Really interesting as I saw interviews with him saying how he'd love to have been in BB more but playing the character was incredibly demanding with how high energy it was.

The electromagnetism/mental illness with his buddy is kind of odd. Not figured that one out yet. Really looking forward to seeing how it progresses and getting re-aquainted with some existing characters from the old universe and new ones too.

I wonder how it will progress in terms of light heartedness or being quite dark and serious as the series progress. I remember series 1 and 2 of BB were actually quite light hearted and darkly comedic before it got more serious.

Also loving the fact that it's in 4k on netflix....it's like staring through a window. So sharp!

It's not the first weekly episodic that netflix has had, I believe they commissioned the new dusk till dawn series solely to be aired on netflix and that was also aired weekly. Makes sense really, they want people to stay subscribed year round rather than binging and cancelling.

Permabanned
It's not the first weekly episodic that netflix has had, I believe they commissioned the new dusk till dawn series solely to be aired on netflix and that was also aired weekly. Makes sense really, they want people to stay subscribed year round rather than binging and cancelling.

That has nothing to do with it. It's an AMC show not Netflix so they don't have a choice other than to air weekly. The only rights they have is to be able to air each episode the morning after they air on AMC each week, same deal as they had with Breaking Bad.

People seem to be getting confused and thinking it's a Netflix made show when it's not.

Soldato
Oh yeah...that's probably the main reason.
I don't think it's nothing to do with it though. It's still better for netflix to ensure a subscriber pays for 3 month membership to watch a show every week than binge and cancel as some people do.

Permabanned
Of course it's nothing to do with it. Netflix didn't choose to do it this way, it simply wasn't a choice provided to them. No channel (especially cable) in their right mind would ever let Netflix put the full season of a show up before having aired it on their own channel first :p

Don
Hands up who would pay £20 to have the whole season RIGHT NOW.

/raises hand.

They're doing it all wrong.

Netflix could incorporate this into their payment model. A pay as you go system instead of subscription

Soldato
Yeah, problem is when it's being televised weekly in one part of the world and available in whole to download on Netflix people will rip and distribute the netflix version and those in the US without access to the netflix version (the US) will just stream it illegally and AMC will lose out on viewing figures and ad revenue.

On the plus side at least House of Cards will be available to binge on in a couple of weeks :D

Caporegime
not as engrossing as breaking bad still 2 decent first episodes

good to see some breaking bad characters too

Season 1 of Breaking Bad was mostly boring as hell before turning into the best TV show I've ever seen over the next four seasons. We've only had two episodes of this so far! I'm sure it'll pick up.

Back
Top Bottom