What have you done to your car today?

Associate
I could be wrong, but looks like you may need a new wheel there :(

A similar thing happened to a friend/colleague of mine who instantly though he could drift immediately after purchasing his first RWD car.

Do love that colour though

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Its so greasy out, is that what cause this? Was this all in one day?

Yeap all in one day. Collected car at 4.30PM, sat on the back of a recovery truck courtesy of BMW Emergency Services at 10PM.

Or was a bit of sideways action that went horribly wrong?

It was sideways, but not deliberate. Simply my own stupidity for not driving to the conditions.

I'd like to think that a wheel needed a hefty smack to break like that?

At the point of impact the car was only travelling around 30MPH (albeit sideways) and hit a curb side on. The wheels are the lightweight ones from the competition pack (think they're the same ones as is on the GTS) so can be quite fragile.

And then also be concerned about the suspension components behind it that will also have taken a bit of a knock from the force needed to shatter a wheel...

Yes, once I've sorted a new wheel and tyre it shall be going on the ramps to see just how much has been damaged.

Currently I'm looking at:

New Style 359 wheel - £585
2x Pilot (Super) Sport tyres - £300-380ish
Potent suspension damage (car has EDC) - £lol

Out of interest, did you get it for much less than 30k? Looks really well specced.

£33k, will do a full thread and write up once everything is fixed.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
The black was just starting to grow on me :p My original plan was to change them to be silver, especially after seeing this photo, however the dealer raised a valid point in that the wheels match the high gloss shadow-line trim and carbon roof. They do look extremely bruv however, I will agree with that :p

Man of Honour
Props for the binning on day 1 antics :D

There may be a silver lining but it's an expensive way to change the wheels to silver :p

Does the E92 M3 allow more sideways action with DSC left on then or is it dependent on the drive select mode? My car will not allow traction to be lost even if there's a sniff of slip. It's annoying when you're trying to move from standstill at times or get ahead of the car beside but gives peace of mind at the same time!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Bright red with black wheels, thats different :eek:

Bad luck about the damage to the wheel, at least its just the wheel :)

Back
Top Bottom