*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
Me, jay & write all have 31 hunters so I would think a normal run would be better

Looks like it'll be an entire fireteam of Hunters then! Parrot is also a 31 Hunter, I'll be bringing my 32, so that just leaves Mazin to complete the set :)

Mazin, didn't you say you wanted some sword practice? Now's your chance! :D

Associate
Flawless CE on normal: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...lawless_raider_on_crotas_end_lessons_learned/

Basically that Abyss thing with hearing "guardian down" doesn't seem to matter as not a true death

That's good to hear. We were chatting about it yesterday and decided we could probably just have the Hunter(s) sitting on a rock immediately after crossing the bridge and wait for the rest to catch up. The random Ogre might show up but they're not a problem on NM.

If the "Guardian down" thing doesn't matter though, then no need to worry :)

Soldato
Just wanted to share this wee video of me and three mates doing Crota on Hard mode.

Two of us are level 32's and two are 31's, so that old myth that you need six level 32's for hard mode is way off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR4D7gnWhj8

This isn't surprising since the Crota encounter is poorly designed so that only a few people are needed at any one time. 3 players are probably more optimal than 4 as you 'should' only need 2 gjallarhorns to take Crotas shield down in a team of 3.

32s are still preferable as they are more durable and do more damage, especially in pickup groups as you just don't have any indication of the quality of the player and a death at the wrong time can really mess the run up

Associate
Got a second Gjallarhorn from CE yesterday, still waiting for Suros

Have CE NM Crota checkpoint on my 30 Warlock if anyone wants a quick run on PS4 later

Associate
Got a second Gjallarhorn from CE yesterday, still waiting for Suros

Have CE NM Crota checkpoint on my 30 Warlock if anyone wants a quick run on PS4 later

I'd be happy to jump on if you don't mind. Never completed and might need a quick run down before we do it?

About from 3pm psn Id is pull2808

Associate
If the sword bearer isnt too busy running into the corner to hide behind an ogres crack then crotas bugs ensure hard mode aint flippin easy.

Good run tonite chaps, normal mode is just too easy these days lol! We'll ave 'im 'hard' on sunday ;)

The plan is to stick the sword where the oversoul cant shine.

Is it still the plan to start 8/8:30? If we get him down quick fancy doing VoG HM after?

Associate
I'll be about later. What kind of time were you thinking?

I'd be happy to jump on if you don't mind. Never completed and might need a quick run down before we do it?

About from 3pm psn Id is pull2808

:( Sorry guys I found a group on /Fireteams shortly after posting and completed the run; happy to join raids if there's space during the week, have 2x 31 Titans and a 30 Warlock and have completed VOG (normal) twice and CE (normal) 5 times (few more with Crota CP)

Associate
I'm still good for tonight. 8 or 8:30 is fine (I think I heard 8:30 start but I was tired).

Happy to run either my hunter or Warlock

:)

Looking forward to tonight, should hopefully go down quite quickly tonight with everyone refreshed :D be nice to get the WoC as well, feed up of getting the scout rifle.

Back
Top Bottom