Don't buy a Vauxhall mokka!

Soldato
or don't buy a diesel if you aren't doing 20k + miles a year as the engine doesn't have the ability to complete successful regens on short inter city drives.

An oil change on a vauxhall shouldn't cost you more than £100, so no big worry.

Soldato
Apparently to get the oil changed you have to get it serviced, its something to do with the lifetime warranty.

There's either a fault, which with a car so new would be warranty/SOGA issue, or they are pulling your leg.
If there's an issue with the oil fine, get it changed, or there's a warranty issue they are trying to cover up with the oil change charade and arse you for the cost of a service at the same time.

Was thing will it need other wear and tear items replacing due to its being 7 months old and the next service ideally from now need doing in another 12 months. Thinking 7+12 would the pads be worn down after 19 months of driving or would they be best doing now? Im sure ill be advised (fleeced) accordingly by the dealer.

Im a noob with cars and the mechanics or wear and tear. :D

Pads will last for years unless you are a semi pro racer ;) I got a similar shpiel from Ford on the first service for a fiesta, new disks and pads? behave.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not just go to Halfords, Spend £40 on some oil and an sump plug tool and replace your oil? oh and change the filter. Will take you all of an hour if your new to it. bam problem solved

Soldato
or don't buy a diesel if you aren't doing 20k + miles a year as the engine doesn't have the ability to complete successful regens on short inter city drives.

An oil change on a vauxhall shouldn't cost you more than £100, so no big worry.

I'd say £60 tops on a car like that to drain oil out, put new filter on and refill.

The cost of the new oil and filter would be 75% of that, in terms of labour its a ten min job for a mechanic unless the garage is charging labour whilst they wait for the old oil to drain out.

Last edited:

ADT

ADT

Associate
My car has come up with a "please fill up" warning on the dash. Worst. Car. Ever.

Just get the oil changed and get on with your life. Should cost no more than £60 all in

Soldato
I'd say £60 tops on a car like that to drain oil out, put new filter on and refill.

The cost of the new oil and filter would be 75% of that, in terms of labour its a ten min job for a mechanic unless the garage is charging labour whilst they wait for the old oil to drain out.

Ofc they will. lol

Associate
OP
My car has come up with a "please fill up" warning on the dash. Worst. Car. Ever.

Just get the oil changed and get on with your life. Should cost no more than £60 all in

Its just the fact it shouldn't really need doing and theres a big problem with there engines. They're just sh@te.

You can re-set the oil condition warning by holding down the button on the left stalk whilst on the oil condition screen.

Yeah I read that but have learned apparently if you ignore it, it results in vauxhall ignoring your warranty. :D

Dont mind forking out for any type of service for a car as long as it actually needs it.

Caporegime
I dunno. Mokkas are almost as common as Mondeos here in London. I don't find them unattractive but that's as far as my knowledge of them goes.

I also had a Corsa for four years, never skipped a beat and only got serviced once. Drove it everywhere like I stole it, I don't think many cars can claim to having such a hard life. I got rid of it eventually because the tensioner went and I just wanted something new, but it was still going strong.

I don't get all the negative press about Vauxhalls. Sure they're not exactly spectacular cars but if you're after something that ticks your boxes at a reasonable price, they're great.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice but I decided many years ago that I'd never ever go near a Vauxhal ever.

Years ago I had a Cavalier SRi 130 as a company car and that car was so bad that Vauxhal Luton themselves came to pick the car up and probably scrapped it within the first year even though it was on a 3 year lease. Vauxhall themselves admitted that they had spent the cost of the car trying to fix it. It had half the wiring changed twice, then the full wiring, the top half of the engine changed twice, followed by an entire engine. The ECU in the car was also replaced 3-4 times but none of this fixed the car going into limp mode.

They replaced it with a Vectra CDx which was also as woefully unreliable and bad but I had to keep it for 3 years. Swore I'd never ever go near another Vauxhall and apart from hire cares have thankfully avoided them.

Soldato
Vauxhall are just a terrible company altogether.

The new Corsa looks ****ing ridiculous and the advertising I've seen outside their dealerships makes it look like a nursery. Suppose the Corsa is aimed at younger drivers, didn't know their target audience were 8 year olds.

Soldato
OK lets rewind...

Done 7000 miles, daily commute 60miles.

Seems the kind of millage that type of car is designed for.

So ring vauxhall to be told you need to book it in for a service and sells me the old DPF has made the oil thin etc etc.

Seems Vauxhall are saying there is an issue with the DPF which would be a warranty issue on such a new car no?

Soldato
You can reset the Oil Schedule on the car, press the menu button and scroll until you're on Oil Life, then hold the round button on the end of the same stalk and it'll reset.

Soldato
You can reset the Oil Schedule on the car, press the menu button and scroll until you're on Oil Life, then hold the round button on the end of the same stalk and it'll reset.

Not a good idea, if the DPF is having issues and is continually regenerating fuel dilutes the oil and if this carries on for long enough the oil level rises causing the engine to run on it's own oil generally destroying it in the process.

Also mentioned above the system records when the service indicator is reset so Vauxhall will void the warranty

Doesn't seem a huge issue to me , the dealer wants the car booked into check for the issue causing the oil indicator if it is due to a fault the oil will be changed free under warranty.

Associate
Thanks for the advice, the fact that they make some of the dullest, poorest quality rotboxes on the roads didn't already make me not want to buy one.

Not counting the Adam of course, they are so fresh and cool and full of amazing new ideas.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Why isnt this fault a warrenty issue?
If you are running extended miles every single day, there shouldnt be multiple failed regenerations.
Are you sure there isnt something wrong with the electronics lewding to the dpf issues, and that might need sorted first?
Is the dealer wanting it in for a service to give them time to replace the actual faulty issue under the guise of having to swap oil and do service to sort things?

Back
Top Bottom