Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
Sound really good to me too. My lifetime average in my S4 (4.2 V8) was 23 mpg, and I thought these were meant to have similar consumption figures to go with the similar power output.

Of course they are not - the entire point behind going for smaller engines with forced induction is to reduce CO2 emissions and increase fuel economy over the V8 equivalents. They'd have kept the V8 if the 3.0 wasn't any better!

Soldato
You say that, but that doesn't seem consistent with some of the real life experiences I have read. I got the impression that in real life there was not much difference.

Sure, on an "official" consumption basis, the V6 makes more sense, reduced taxation etc... But in the real world, I always got the impression they were more similar.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27596809 said:
That seems fairly good to me. My lifetime average in the 530d for example is 35.

Sound really good to me too...

I wish more people agreed. Then it wouldn't have taken me so long to find him one!

I just checked and its still doing 28MPG since it has been tuned :).

I can't find another for sale anywhere. Wonder how many they produced.
It's quite hard to work it out from HowManyLeft, because of the various special edition run-out trim levels, and it's not clear which are C6 and C7 shape.
But from what I've worked out I reckon in the C6 model there were 348 sold with the 3.0 TFSI engine in various trim levels, and in the in the C7 model there were 164 sold with the 3.0 TFSI engine.

Soldato
Has anyone had any issues with their windscreen washer refill?
The car will beep tom say screen wash low, but occasionally when I go to fill it I could swear it isn't empty.
Is it possible for the bottle to become air locked?
Dodgy sensor?

-edit
Should say A4 current model.

Man of Honour
No one will probably be interested but 2 months into ownership my A3 TFSI has cost me a fair few quid. Its had
New xenon Bulbs (£140)
Refurb ballasts (£200)
Diverter valve (£45)
Rear wiper motor (£75)
Rear wiper arm (£25)
Fuel pump cam follower (£35)
Got stuck in the snow up a steep hill even with Quattro wheels were just spinning but the clutch was stinking so that will probably be next job although not slipping yet

Soldato
Spent today hooning about in an RS4, RS6, RS7, S1 & SQ5 :)

The RS7 seriously impressed me - felt slightly quicker than the RS6 despite the same powertrain. Personally prefer the RS6 as I'm not a fan of the RS7's back end but the performance of both is incredible.

Soldato
No one will probably be interested but 2 months into ownership my A3 TFSI has cost me a fair few quid. Its had
New xenon Bulbs (£140)
Refurb ballasts (£200)
Diverter valve (£45)
Rear wiper motor (£75)
Rear wiper arm (£25)
Fuel pump cam follower (£35)
Got stuck in the snow up a steep hill even with Quattro wheels were just spinning but the clutch was stinking so that will probably be next job although not slipping yet

Was ESP off? If it was, I'm surprised you got stuck unless your tyres suck.

Man of Honour
Was ESP off? If it was, I'm surprised you got stuck unless your tyres suck.

Quattro isn't some sort of amazing anti snow magic, it just lets you spin all the wheels rather than just two of them. You'll still get stuck fairly easily on snow without the correct tyres.

Associate
Company A3 is going back (due to too few miles apparently). So until they decide to give me another car because hire cars are costing too much I've got myself a new Dad bus to ferry me and the twins around.

15835376023_fb9f620e93_b.jpg

2005 A6 Avant SE Final Edition

1 Private owner from new with full service history (due a cam belt). Prev owner traded it for a brand new A6 at Audi MK last October, it went through auction to a part-time dealer who's been ill and only just advertised it. 139k miles but the interior doesn't really show it and it drives very well for the age/miles.

Typical FE spec having Leather, Nav, CD Changer, Bose, Rear Park Sensors and Cruise.

All filters, pads etc are gen audi which is a nice sign and it's shod with 4 x BF Goodrich g-Grips (Summers) with about 5mm on them and the spare has never been used.

Couple of minor bits to sort:-

Bit of wind noise through drivers door top at motorway speed (suspect door has dropped slightly)
Squeak on brake pedal when releasing it (hopefully just a bit of grease)
Rear wash doesn't work (most likely hose has broken somewhere)
Few marks here/there on it but to be expected. Going to get it mopped then see what I want sorting and what I can live with.

On top of that I'll be getting cam belt, water pump, aux/ac belt & tensioners done then a full service and brake fluid change (I'll do some of it).

Going to retro-fit some isofix brackets in the back and I may look at retro-fitting Audi Bluetooth (or just a parrot or similar) and a maybe a multifunction steering wheel if I pick the kit up cheap.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27603277 said:
Quattro isn't some sort of amazing anti snow magic, it just lets you spin all the wheels rather than just two of them. You'll still get stuck fairly easily on snow without the correct tyres.
Indeed.

Although my old Leon Cupra 4 was pretty decent on snow with summer tyres, but that was compacted snow, not slushy rubbish.

Winter Tyres on anything will beat a 4wd on summers in snow any day of the week.

Associate
I Have been looking to get my first Audi with a budget about £10,000 been looking at a A5 but all high millage at that price. My question is there much to worry about with high millage on Audi's.

Any help would be great

Associate
Picking up my new A3 S line saloon 1.4 TFSI COD in about 3 weeks time. I am considering the Audi complete servicing and maintenance plan and wondered if anyone has any reviews of this service?
I have been quoted £15 month servicing or £26 month servicing and maintenance inc pretty much every part as far as I can make out.
Obviously £312 a year is a lot of cash but considering a basic service will rush me around £180 + , I am trying to warrant it.

Back
Top Bottom