Don't buy a Vauxhall mokka!

Associate
OP
The way the service rep was, was disgusting to be honest. Im not stupid cars dont need an oil change every 7k theres a problem with the engine. The recommended oil change is 20k or 18months. His attitude was if that what it needs that what it wants, he didnt want to look at it with the idea of looking at the fault it was very much 'yeah needs an oil change'.

I went down the warranty route to the response of 'well im not paying for it!'

They're just making service profit out of there poor engine builds. They want me to foot the bill, like ive said before i dont mind if it was after 12months not 7.

It is only £149 quid but is it going to be another £149 + extras in another 7months, not everybody who drives a diesel is doing 100+ motorway miles everyday.

Made an interesting discussion on the forum never the less :D

Moving on.... ;)

I think the answer is just 'don't buy a Vauxhall'.
To my knowledge, only the current VXR>Focus ST.
The rest of the range the Ford is just all round better, to the point that I don't get why people are buying new Vauxhalls!

This is coming from someone is who thinking of moving away from Ford too!

Associate
OP
Car time line:

Fiesta mk6 PETROL - Amazing first car faultless
Corsa D PETROL - Faultless doing 25k a year only needed new tyres over 2 years :eek:

Megane 3 diesel coupe - faultless suprising really for a renualt :D

Think with the corsa being really good, i couldnt go wrong when i needed a family car with space for the GSD.

Soldato
I change my engine oil in my car every 5000miles

And my motorbike is done about every 3000miles or year (even the years where I only clocked up about 200miles over the whole year..)

Soldato
Some Vauxhall cars are great

I Owned four Vauxhall calibra's and loved three of them (But Hated one of them :p )

Old Vauxhalls can be great. I have nothing but fond memories of my old Mk2 Astra GTE 16v. Loved it to bits.

Couldn't ever bring myself to buy a newer one though. Whenever I drive past a VX dealer I see loads of cars, 6 months old, and nearly half the new price. Excellent, I'll have some of that wild depreciation please, I think not. If I'm going to lose 5 figures in the first year of ownership, I prefer it to be a more premium German brand.

Soldato
OP has to be the first guy I've heard of driving a Mokka other than the guy in the advert for it :p
Can't believe Vauxhall sell the amount of Corsa's they do. :( I'm surprised it's not the number 1 selling car in the country now the amount I see. The typical 85bhp 1.2 normally in white with the body kit on and black alloys being driven like it's a hot hatch by chav's/kids.
The new advert for it just sums up the idiots they market it to,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eEfgVU_3tFU
Ford are missing out all they need to do is put the ST body kit on the 1.0 and they will be quids in.

Soldato
OK lets rewind...

Seems the kind of millage that type of car is designed for.

Seems Vauxhall are saying there is an issue with the DPF which would be a warranty issue on such a new car no?

you'd think that but I have been told on my car if you sit at 70 in 6th gear it wont regen because of the revs arent high enough 2200rpm, so it pays to do 80...

Soldato
It will regen over 2k RPM. I either have to sit at 60 in 5th or 80+ in 6th on my Insignia Ecoflex. :(

That is really, really stupid :( I'll look forward to this problem in a couple of months time :rolleyes:

I checked the calendar of the current guy who's got it and noticed it was booked in for diagnostic work on a knocking gearbox and power loss. It has 26k on the clock :eek:

Soldato
I had a 1.3 CDTI Corsa, did 18k in the first two years and then another 30k in the third year, never had any issues other than the handbrake being terrible. The engine was a bit loud too.

It failed doing a DPF regeneration once so I took it to the dealership, they forced a regeneration, changed the oil filter and oil for free.

Surely this is less an issue with the car and more the dealership?

It's says in the manual that you should drive in a lower gear than normal and get the engine RPM above 2k too.

Soldato
Try a different dealer, preferably one that isn't part of a huge dealer group. You might get a completely different response.

If that doesn't work, call Vauxhall Customer Services or post a rant on their Twitter.

Associate
OP
Was actually thinking of ringing Customer Services just to see what they say about the situation 'don't ask don't get' :D
Just PITA

Back
Top Bottom