**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Man of Honour
Associate
May give this a go later tonight.

Are people doing a full wipe before flashing? Did an unbranded stock ROM a while back without doinga full wipe during flash and all was OK so was wondering if the same is true here?

Following on from lmfy2k above, whats the best way of getting rid of the apps that you don't want on there?

Soldato
May give this a go later tonight.

Are people doing a full wipe before flashing? Did an unbranded stock ROM a while back without doinga full wipe during flash and all was OK so was wondering if the same is true here?

Following on from lmfy2k above, whats the best way of getting rid of the apps that you don't want on there?

i did flash over the top, worked fine with no issues

not sure how to remove without being rooted, i dont use FB app or instagram but having them there will not effect anything.

I presume that network is ok as there may be some modem changes for the German carrier?

yeh, my phone is an O2 unlocked Note 4, im on 3 though, using German ROM my 4G still works fine. i think all the official ROMS share the same modem stuff? i could be wrong

you can flash now then when the BTU (sim free) one arrivez or the carrier branded ones arrive (3, O2) you can flash over the top, just need to make sure its the official firmware

Last edited:
Associate
When I did the lollipop update I was expecting the CSC to change from BTU to the German carrier but it has not. Anyone else have the same BTU CSC after updating to lollipop?

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
The Note 3 has gone from a sluggish mess to a speed demon, it literally flies now. The main change I have noticed is the battery life, it has got much better it seems. Will see tomorrow once it has a full charge.

The Note 4 is just bliss, its basically how it should be. It was getting a tad sluggish, lagged somewhat when moving between tabs in Chrome, switch apps, etc. All that is now gone :)

Overall I'm more impressed with the Note 3 on Lollipop, but saying that I don't use half the features of my N4 like some guys on here.

Thanks, good to hear. My Mrs has the Note 3.

Excellent, thanks chaps :)

Have you flashed? More importantly does it have your seal of approvement? :D

Back
Top Bottom